PDA

View Full Version : Howdy, gents!

M1orNone
04-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Looks like I might be back for a while.;)

Let me get everyone up to speed on what's been going on since I've been away, if anyone cares. Spent the last 3 and a half months with what I thought was the perfect woman, only to find out that she was a lying, heartless, stubborn, bullheaded bitch. That's done with. Hit me like a ton of bricks, and I've been taking it pretty hard. Time heals all wounds, and I'm doing a lot better with it than I was a week ago. Sold my Garand and .35 Whelen to help her out with bills. Big mistake. Took me a while to realize she was using me. Lesson learned. There's plenty of fish in the proverbial sea, and I've got a lot of nets. She claims she'll pay me back, but I just don't see that happening, as I don't think she has the heart or conscience to do anything decent for anyone but herself. Blah, blah, blah. $Avomit$

I can always get another Garand or Whelen. The Garand may take a while. I've been in the mood to build an M14 anyway. I've got a pre-'64 M70 action I'm going to build into either a .35 Whelen or .358 Norma mag. I'm leaning towards the Norma, as I had one in the past built on a 1917 Enfield action, with a 28" barrel, and it was a beast. Factory ammo ran 3,000fps with a 250gr soft point.

Went to town today, and got my first tattoo. It's the family crest of my Grandmother's Scottish clan. Here's a pic:

Didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would, being my first ink and all. It wasn't a spur-of-the moment decision, as I've been thinking about it for a few years now. It actually came out better than the pic I printed off. The guy that did it is a true artist, IMO.

Well, that's my life lately. Hope everyone here is doing well.

timshufflin
04-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Did the Prince do the tattoo?

M1orNone
04-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Did the Prince do the tattoo?

No, it was a local guy. The Prince does tattoos?

Prince Humperdink
04-19-2012, 08:57 PM
No, it was a local guy. The Prince does tattoos?

Not any more.Closed the shop almost 2 years ago.Funny You did this,I've spent the last few Days with My Cousin looking up info on Our Families clans.He is a Murray,and My Family on My Mom's side were Christie's,which are a sept of the Farguharso Clan.Lots of interesting things to find.BTW,sorry to hear about Your relationship troubles.

tljames
04-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Brother M1...........................I swear dude I was married to your ex's two sisters! Been there done that TWICE...done with marriage....will just rent from here on out! ANYWAY Glad you're back bro! The Hoser