PDA

View Full Version : Greek Markings...what say ye?

Roadkingtrax
04-23-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm getting turned off by the "Rifle History Majors" and the DNA protectors of the Greek Rifles as some historical artifact.

If a Greek guard took a dump in the trap door of my M1 Stock...should I keep it in there?

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=74609

GTS
04-23-2012, 04:37 PM
I find myself trying to imagine the logistics of such an action, and also wonder if precautions would have to be taken to protect the muzzle of the rifle during the operation.

If a Greek guard took a dump in the trap door of my M1 Stock...should I keep it in there?

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=74609

Roadkingtrax
04-23-2012, 05:37 PM
I find myself trying to imagine the logistics of such an action, and also wonder if precautions would have to be taken to protect the muzzle of the rifle during the operation.

I'm sure there is a trap door protector somewhere. Much like a muzzle protector.

jak
04-23-2012, 07:01 PM
I think I'm going to leave all the dents, scratches and rust on my car. Then when I trade it in, I can tell the dealer that all defects are part of the car's history and it should be worth more money that way.

HerkFE
04-24-2012, 07:14 AM
I couldn't resist adding my two cents to that. Sometimes I think these people are nuts. I still don't understand why people insist a rifle is "correct" only if everything is from the same manufacturer, when in all reality that rifle probably served far longer as a so-called mix master and that was perfectly "correct" to the military. That's the beauty of parts that are all made to the same specifications, you don't have to worry about who made it, you just put the pieces together and you can trust that they will work as advertised.

REHRIFLE
04-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Orlando gets skewered for his comment about the CMP putting the stock on the M1. :) Many on that board still don't get it, that many of the rifles are not "as returned" from the Army, but are assembled from parts, either received from the Army or salvaged off other M1s. To the CMP, the receiver with the serial number is the rifle, everything else is just parts.

... and I would leave the initials on the stock.

Schriv
04-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Well, most of us here view the CMP as a useful tool for buying M1's, parts and occasionally gaining some knowledge. Nothing more, nothing less.
That leaves everyone else that views the cmp as some type of religion and an M1 as some form of holy relic. The almost cult-like devotion is kinda scary at times.

Orlando
04-24-2012, 06:37 PM
CMP used to be a place to gain good info. Unfortuantly alot of knowlegeable guys dont post anymore (and I dont blame them)b and if you ask a question you get answers from newbies who read it on the internet somewhere and are just repeating useless crap

Orlando
04-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Orlando gets skewered for his comment about the CMP putting the stock on the M1. :) Many on that board still don't get it, that many of the rifles are not "as returned" from the Army, but are assembled from parts, either received from the Army or salvaged off other M1s. To the CMP, the receiver with the serial number is the rifle, everything else is just parts.

... and I would leave the initials on the stock.

The poster Pro2 has it out forme becuase I commented once that just becuase a rifle has dark colored park doesnt automatically mean its the so called "Greek Black"
He got all whacked out of shape and now is putting words in my mouth that I didnt say
He better be carefull or I may have to put him up for nomination for the "***hole of the year" award :)

Punch The Clown
04-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Time for this posting from the old BT to show its face again.

http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/showthread.php?549-If-My-Stock-Could-Talk-by-Francis-from-theold-Battle-Tested-Forum

timshufflin
04-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Time for this posting from the old BT to show its face again.

http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/showthread.php?549-If-My-Stock-Could-Talk-by-Francis-from-theold-Battle-Tested-Forum

He he he, that's some funny funny stuff.

cuppednlocked
04-24-2012, 11:28 PM
I laughed as much on its second appearance as I did the first!

KnickKnack
04-27-2012, 01:21 AM
If we were to leave all "history" in place, untouched, forever, we would have no room to move forward and create history. Perhaps we should have left all the trenches in place in Europe after World War I? All the bombed out buildings after World War II? All the debris from the San Fransico earthquakes? The ashes from the Chicago Fire? Not rebuild New Orleans after Katrina? (actually, I agree with that one). I'm so tired of people who on one side of the argument say, "I have my Rights and Freedoms to live my life the way I want!" and on the other side of the argument try to tell everyone else what to do. There really is no need to talk about your rifles or post pictures of them on the CMP forum any more. Everyone already knows what the CMP is selling. Why would you want to subject yourself to all the idiotic commentary? Just buy the weapons, do what you want to them to make yourself happy and smile when you are done. Stop caring about what other people think of them. You'll live longer.