PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on 10mm

HighAngleHell
04-28-2012, 06:47 PM
I have always been a 9mm guy but I like the the idea of 10mm. Downside is the ammo is expensive unless you reload and there aren't may platforms. I picked up a Gen 3 Glock 29SF with 3 mags and 130 rounds for $450. Not sure if I got a good deal. I bought it from a friend and he thinks he has 3 more mags somewhere for it to throw in. I shot it and it is a handful. Nothing crazy but I can't shoot anything near a doubletap farther than 10 feet. I figure if I can't get good with it I can trade it for a 26/19. What do you guys think about 10mm?

GTS
04-28-2012, 07:42 PM
I have a G20, the problem is not only the expense of the ammo, but finding ammo that is full power. Doubletap advertises full power but the rounds chrono well under advertised velocities. Buffalo Bore has a couple of offerings that are about as powerful as you can get without reloading.

I used to purchase my 10mm from 'Swamp Fox', but sadly the proprietor passed away last year.

(If you do reload, be careful about going real powerful with a stock G29 barrel, there have been some KB issues...)

HighAngleHell
04-28-2012, 08:18 PM
The pistol came with 30 rounds of Buffalo Bore. I think I am just going to except that it is expensive to shoot and buy bulk Buffalo Bore of sell it.

Bicyclewrench
04-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Accurate, flat shooting for an auto round, pretty controllable in my full size government model, but I've never tried the Buffalo bore stuff. I bought mine for "combat commuting" by motorcycle into the city in nasty traffic with the reasoning it would penetrate glass and sheet metal better. I'd love to hunt with it.