PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys know about the Walther PK380?

canes7
05-21-2012, 08:55 PM
My wife passed her CCW class this last weekend. Her birthday is coming up and I think it's time for her to have her own pistol.

She want's an auto but is recoil sensitive.

mixmaster
05-21-2012, 09:41 PM
canes7
I have found that the 380 PPK/PPKS in 380 has a very sharp snap in recoil. My daughter in law tried one and said the heck with it and got a Glock 27. Her choice was made in regards to the fact that anyone facing a 5ft1 woman with a hand full of hell was scary enough. She uses a death grip with both hands and lets the recoil take care of itself. She is quite good with my Brownings and 1911s but it is quite a load to carry in her purse. My daughter having grown up around me has no problem with the 380 but doesn't care for it as recovery time spoils her accuracy. All that being said ,it will be hard to select a suitable small frame auto in a decent caliber(380 or better) for your wife but I would not give up hope that she might be happy with the Walther. If she passed her class then the odds are she can adapt to the small frame 380. Just my thought on the subject
Good Luck in your choice
mix

canes7
05-21-2012, 09:48 PM
I've been thinking about getting a pistol for her for years and keep putting it off thinking there is going to be a wondergun coming. Something mid-size, low recoil and not a .22LR.

I can't believe no one makes one.

Punch The Clown
05-21-2012, 10:15 PM
My 4'10" daughter wanted the Smith 3983 but they're nest to impossible to find. She bought the baby Glock and she really hates it. We went to the range this week and one of her friends had the Smith and I must say it is a lot nicer and easier to control (for a small female) than the Glock. Her service weapon is the Smith 5946.

precision32
05-22-2012, 04:29 PM
...thinking there is going to be a wondergun coming. Something mid-size, low recoil and not a .22LR.

I can't believe no one makes one.

That old equal and opposite thing is a real pain, no pun intended. :D

canes7
05-23-2012, 07:55 AM
I ended up getting her a beretta 84FS.