PDA

View Full Version : You get knocked down but do you get up again?

timshufflin
05-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Some of you may know of my son Nick. He's made some mistakes, made some big ones, made my hair fall out (forget about going gray) but he just keeps coming at you. Anyhow, he called in to Sean Hannity a little while back. Nick is leaving everything he knows, moving to North Dakota, I'm not entirely happy about it either (reasons which have nothing to do with simply moving) but I have to say he has balls. Anyone can make it in this country if you only try.

Nick called in to Sean Hannity and you can hear him here at about 26 minutes. You may need to be a member of Hannity to hear this, not sure.

http://download.premiereinteractive.com/seanhannity/2012/05/Sean%20Hannity%20-%20May%2021%202012%20-%20Hour%203.mp3

dogboysdad
05-23-2012, 11:00 PM
There's gold in them thar hills!

ordmm
05-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Tim,,,,Listend to your kid on the Hannity link. Kinda sounds a bit like you talking. Direct, conviction, going for what he wants to do. I really doubt you could talk him out of it if you wanted to. Did the same thing myself in the late 1980's. Auto industry tanked. Was 38 years old. Sick of layoffs and plant closings. One day told the wife to get the house ready to rent out. We're moving to Wyoming in two months. Never looked back. Her parents were pissed off as hell. But we both did what we had to to. Started over with a clean slate so to speak. Changed occupations twice since then. Never regretted any of it. Your son will find out it's a real adventure. If he's like you, and sounds kinda like he is, he will be just fine. Look at the upside....you'll have a great destination to visit. I wish him all the success in the world! Kinda jealous really, would like to get one more adventure in before they plant me!

toolman
05-24-2012, 05:41 PM
GOOD MAN! Nick will make it in this live! Peace Toolman

seaninmich
05-24-2012, 08:17 PM
I have spoken to the young lad at length recently. I have faith in him. Some of us just take a little longer to get or footing and find our way. I know I did.