PDA

View Full Version : CMP Parts Sale Operation

REHRIFLE
06-05-2012, 02:50 PM
CMP, at some point in the future, will have a "parts sale operation" per Orest. I can only imagine the uproar, name calling etc this will create: crying about the need for limits, prices, resellers etc.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=78116

canes7
06-05-2012, 03:49 PM
The parts sales thing has been in the works for a couple years. There has been a lot of anticipation over the poop storm that's going to caused by that. The current resellers will lose a major supplier and then the CMP customers, like you say, will be crying about limits and so on. It'll be fun.

Punch The Clown
06-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Being a CMP spectator is tons of fun.

herrmann
06-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I bet the stuff won't be a bargain. Bolts: $85. Op rods : $115. Etc.

timshufflin
06-06-2012, 08:00 AM

Anything is a bargain if it is touched by the tender hands of a CMP member! GBOATCMP

canes7
06-06-2012, 11:07 AM

They'll be no rare parts either. No WRA Stocks or op-rods. No IHC bolts..... It'll all be listed as "good on gage".

I think that'll be the biggest whining point. You'll here whining about where did all the XXX parts go?? Where did all the YYY parts go? The CMP didn't set aside the IHC op rod I was hoping to buy for $85. :(

seaninmich
06-06-2012, 12:54 PM
IRONY:

Orest spends 5 years bitching about having sold off all their parts and wishing they had kept them to build rifles. Now, he plans to sell parts again.

The first time you touch the hot stove, I feel sorry for you. The second time you do it, I laugh at you.

Orlando
06-06-2012, 05:16 PM
IRONY:

Orest spends 5 years bitching about having sold off all their parts and wishing they had kept them to build rifles. Now, he plans to sell parts again.

The first time you touch the hot stove, I feel sorry for you. The second time you do it, I laugh at you.

I wondered about that myself since they are building rifles unless they will just be selling off Collector parts and keep the comman stuff for builds

Roadkingtrax
06-06-2012, 05:37 PM
I wondered about that myself since they are building rifles unless they will just be selling off Collector parts and keep the comman stuff for builds

I just think they are getting ahead of the curve....rifle sales cannot trickle on forever. When I first joined the CMP 2008? It was 2-3 years left of rifles. That was after the Dane Woodless which I missed...and before the service grade specials, etc. The last rifles the CMP will sell with either be barreled receivers or Rifles with a minimum of USGI parts, save for the Receiver and Bolt.

melloman
06-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Perhaps they have decided to do what people on GB and Ebay do and part everything out to make more money than the sum of the whole.

musketjon
06-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Time to start buying Mosin Nagants while they're cheap and plentiful. Besides that, they're sooooo ugly they're handsome, and robust. And most of 'em shoot well too.
Jon

Dave
06-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Time to start buying Mosin Nagants while they're cheap and plentiful. Besides that, they're sooooo ugly they're handsome, and robust. And most of 'em shoot well too.
Jon

I bought 3 MN's a couple years ago from AIM Surplus. One 91/30(?) a 1938(?) and a 1944-looks the same as the 38 except with the folding bayonet. Also bought two cases of ammo. I have yet to shoot any of them. :(

deputy85
06-20-2012, 10:30 PM
sounds like me i have at least 5 of them and probably 25 sealed cans of ammo/bought them when wedeners was giving it away for 45$ per sealed can/,only shot the sniper model and the 38,, just dont wind my clock