PDA

View Full Version : A 308 Mini G?

NE450No2
06-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Tim, one of my Brother in Laws and one of his buddies are Garand shooters.
Both of them are thinking about getting a Short Garand. My BIL, has shot my Tanker, and I have showed him your site, and related how everybody has been very happy with your Mini G's.

One of them might want a 308 Mini G.

So if they did would you want them to sent you a 308 Tanker length barrel or a Regular 308 length Garand barrel? [They know your Mini G's have @16.5" barrels].

Also what would be the increase in cost.

Thanks

timshufflin
06-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Tim, one of my Brother in Laws and one of his buddies are Garand shooters.
Both of them are thinking about getting a Short Garand. My BIL, has shot my Tanker, and I have showed him your site, and related how everybody has been very happy with your Mini G's.

One of them might want a 308 Mini G.

So if they did would you want them to sent you a 308 Tanker length barrel or a Regular 308 length Garand barrel? [They know your Mini G's have @16.5" barrels].

Also what would be the increase in cost.

Thanks

Have them drop me an email and I'll discuss with them. If they provide their own barrels the cost is $25 more. .308 tanker barrels do work as long as there is 16" between the receiver and the gas port.

NE450No2
06-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks will do, they are considering which Garand to get for this project. Most likely from the CMP.

In your experience would you prefer the Krieger Crition [sp] or a Douglas?

Or do you have another preference.

timshufflin
06-13-2012, 04:53 PM
For a Mini-G, I'd just use a Standard parts barrel. There is just no sense in trying to get a tube that shoots super duper good for a rifle that will shoot the same with any barrel. I have found no connection, yet, between any barrel maker and how they shoot on a G. The G has shot pretty darn well with all makes.

NE450No2
06-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks Tim I will pass that on.
Mainly we were wondering what barrel to use to make a 308 308 Mini G.

timshufflin
06-14-2012, 07:01 AM
Thanks Tim I will pass that on.
Mainly we were wondering what barrel to use to make a 308 308 Mini G.

I carry Criterion and Standard Parts. I would go Standard Parts any day, it's what's on mine.