PDA

View Full Version : Next project is on its way to Tim

Dave
06-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Well I finally gave up on trying to find the correct hammer for my gas trap shooter project. I had a lead on one but it has'nt worked out, been several months and emails and still no answer so I have a -1 that I'll use for now. That being said, I finally packed it up today and sent it to Tim. This is a 4 digit that I got a repro RatWorx barrel kit for. I'm having Tim do all the metal except the entire front end which came finished already. It's taken me years to get to this point, I can't believe I'm finally on the verge of completing this thing...... :)

timshufflin
06-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Oh, no pressure.

Eli
06-14-2012, 07:42 AM
It's getting the Mini-G conversion right?

Eli

buzzy
06-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Dave,
Did you check Outpost Armory in Georgia for the hammer?
They usually have the very early parts.
http://www.outpostarmory.com/parts/m1garandhammer/
Buzzy

Dave
06-14-2012, 05:18 PM
Dave,
Did you check Outpost Armory in Georgia for the hammer?
They usually have the very early parts.
http://www.outpostarmory.com/parts/m1garandhammer/
Buzzy

Yes I had tried them awhile back. They have a -1 but that is what I already have. What I need is a first run hammer, C 46008 no revision. Also my trigger housing is a modified pad, can't seem to hook up with an uncut one. I had a few chances but it seems I'm always a bit late when one pops up. Unfortuneatly I don't have the time to live on the internet and thats what it takes sometimes. Someday I'll find them, meanwhile I'm not waiting any longer! The time has come to shoot this thing.... :)

Dave
06-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh, no pressure.

None at all :)

dannybritton
06-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Congrats on your one step further on your build!

Dave
06-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Got a phone message today from Tim, looks like my project is on its way back! Guess I better get that wood finished up!

timshufflin
06-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Dave, put a note in your box for you. I'll be on vacation, maybe, when you get your box. If you have any questions for me, you can call me before Friday or when I get back from vacation.

Punch The Clown
06-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Well I finally gave up on trying to find the correct hammer for my gas trap shooter project. I had a lead on one but it has'nt worked out, been several months and emails and still no answer so I have a -1 that I'll use for now. That being said, I finally packed it up today and sent it to Tim. This is a 4 digit that I got a repro RatWorx barrel kit for. I'm having Tim do all the metal except the entire front end which came finished already. It's taken me years to get to this point, I can't believe I'm finally on the verge of completing this thing...... :)

Hey Dave, this ad from Ammogarand is interesting. I know we like to talk ourselves into things being correct but I posted it anyway.

http://www.ammogarand.com/m1-garand-springfield-hammer-c-460081-gas-t1460081.html

Dave
06-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Dave, put a note in your box for you. I'll be on vacation, maybe, when you get your box. If you have any questions for me, you can call me before Friday or when I get back from vacation.

Ok Tim thanks. I'm sure everything will be fine :) Have a great vacation!

Dave
06-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Hey Dave, this ad from Ammogarand is interesting. I know we like to talk ourselves into things being correct but I posted it anyway.

http://www.ammogarand.com/m1-garand-springfield-hammer-c-460081-gas-t1460081.html

The handstamped -1 would work but they don't have one, unless it sold before I saw it?

Punch The Clown
06-20-2012, 05:40 PM
The handstamped -1 would work but they don't have one, unless it sold before I saw it?

I thought the hammer you have is a -1? Just tell everyone the 1 is handstamped and call it a day.

Dave
06-26-2012, 10:34 AM
It's done!
I finally got my gas trap project together, and not only is it all together, it shoots just as good as it looks! Will try and get pics up this week.