PDA

View Full Version : Mini-G/BM59 mixmaster

Erj
06-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

I sent out my CMP Service Grade last Thurs to Tim's care. Should be arriving at his shop around Thurs/Fri.

It went out with the following parts:

BM59 gas cylinder
BM59 tricomp (7")
BM59 bipod
Boyd's laminated stock
Smith Enterprise NM front sight
Standard Parts repro stock metal

I guess the longer tricomp will require extra barrel length to support it, compared to the regular Mini-G. Does that goof up the oprod modification?

The rifle will also get a full repark. Elected to not do the mag conversion though. Going to leave it in 30.06 using enblocs.

I've seen a couple WTB threads in various places for the 5" tri/bi comp, but haven't found any for sale. Was there a chance they would be reproduced? Is there a source for them?

Would appreciate any input you guys have about features/options for my build.

Thanks!

EJ

Rush2112
06-16-2012, 01:05 PM
I guess the longer tricomp will require extra barrel length to support it, compared to the regular Mini-G. Does that goof up the oprod modification?
I've seen a couple WTB threads in various places for the 5" tri/bi comp, but haven't found any for sale. Was there a chance they would be reproduced? Is there a source for them?
Not sure about the 7" -- but am sure that others know.
Standard Parts may have the 5 incher, and it doesn't affect the barrel or op rod. The beauty is that these are plug-n-play. You should get the Schuster gas plug.

BM59 MUZZLE BRAKE (https://www.standardpartsllc.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=342&idcategory=26)