PDA

View Full Version : M1 Carbine recrown

andykev
07-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Hello. Nice forum.. here is my first post!

I just bought a Standard Products carbine, it has Inland barrel and trigger, so it is a mixed bag. The stock is almost black with years of use, but is generally in good shape, no cracks.

I haven not shot it yet, but the muzzle "bullet test" shows a lot of wear. The inside rifling is bright and shiny.

That said, will a re-crown of the muzzle be worthwhile? Also, perhaps sending it for reparking.

I assume you want the metal only, and not the entire rifle?

Thanks. Nice web site.

timshufflin
07-17-2012, 03:26 PM
1. Shoot it and see if it hits where you aim.
2. Parking will help if you think it will, it's a personal thing sir.
3. entire rifle or just metal, your call.

andykev
07-19-2012, 01:18 AM
Tim,

Shot it today. Fed ammo well, never hit paper.

Gave it to our FFL at the club...in payment for the balance on my newest M1 Garand.

THAT shot like a tack driver. Made in April/May 1944. Original wood which someone sanded
and the crossed cannons are invisible.

My quest continues.......

timshufflin
07-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Out of curiosity, what brand barrel did it have on it?

andykev
07-19-2012, 11:02 AM
It was Standard Products receiver, with an Inland 2/44 barrel. Also has Inland guts inside. It was a P.O.S. gun. The $600 price was attractive,
seeing as to what others are going for on GunBroker. All said and done, I have an Inland carbine ORIGINAL from DCM 1962 where the guy paid $17
plus $3 shipping. I have the original papers on it. It is MINT. Was this guys safe queen. It is a 3/44 Inland barrel, flip sight, push safety, mint bore,
and wonderful charcoal parkerized finish. Flat bolt. Came with7 mags, original stock pouch, sling WWII. It was $700.543