PDA

View Full Version : I guess I take a perverse interest in the postings of certain people on the CMP site.

ordmm
08-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Man. You NEVER see dialog like post number 23 on the BT forums...

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=84025&page=3

Tim.....you need get yourself one of them darn "material sciences engineers"! The poster sure got a way with words, that's for darn sure!

melloman
08-28-2012, 08:10 AM
This guy is annoying. He posts on M14 forum also. Couldn't be more full of himself. To me, he comes across as a jerk oftentimes. I would love to see Sean give him a good verbal lumping-up.

cuppednlocked
08-28-2012, 09:06 AM
How did I know who this referred to before opening the thread?

canes7
08-28-2012, 09:45 AM
hammonjoe?

Yep.

cuppednlocked
08-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey, did you know he shot the highest Garand match score a few years ago and Orest didn't even say anything to him the next time he was in the store?!!! Can you imagine???!!!

melloman
08-28-2012, 06:24 PM
"Material Science Engineer" - is that like "Petroleum Transfer Technician"?

Roadkingtrax
08-28-2012, 09:25 PM
"Material Science Engineer" - is that like "Petroleum Transfer Technician"?

He could just of said Mechanical Engineer.....

He's a PhD,....Pile it higher, and deeper.

I don't know what it is,...it appears that some of M1A guys are the cream of the crop of internet gun forum trolls. The CMP M1A forum is just as bad as the other. Almost as bad as the 1911 dudes.

ALSO...who is this guy with the M14 handle? He sure does seem to be a blow-hard.

melloman
08-28-2012, 10:30 PM
...who is this guy with the M14 handle? He sure does seem to be a blow-hard.

I don't know, but is apparently someone who "knows what he is talking about".:rolleyes:

Roadkingtrax
08-28-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't know, but is apparently someone who "knows what he is talking about".:rolleyes:

He may be....but he does come off as in-yo-face about his knowledge. With an attitude, no needs to know what info you're hiding. :)

M14's seem like a bigger hassle than they are worth, or is it just the perpetual crowd that has to tinker with it? I have a motorcycle for that I suppose.

ordmm
08-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Here's what I tell alot of people.....You want a proven magazine fed .308 rifle? Get a Garand receiver....$200. will do you. Seems like after 60 years or so if there was one with dimensional issues it was culled out long ago. So that's $200 versus $500 with no drama about all kind of wierd voodoo stuff. Then you need a bolt. Yeah easy to come by for $50. versus $175. up to $350 again, no drama about anything (WOW..firing pins stick in M14 bolts?). If the bolt was screwed up it was culled out sometime in the last 7 decades. The build would not cost you more than an M1A I would think, or probably less if you were a good parts shopper. No drama-No voodoo stuff and not having to follow 100 internet entries to find out if your helix ir good (whatever that is), or safety bridge or some other stuff is OK. Pop a mag in shoot it. And.....when you get to the range you got plenty of stuff to talk about because you HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERANT! And...I have a .308 mag conversion so I can say I know...it works! Oh yeah almost forgot...then you get to post about it on the CMP and M14 forum...and those people get really pissed off if you have a pic with a 4 or 5 or 6 digit receiver. How cool is that.

stratochief
08-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Him and HugeUno make for some interesting reading. Both of those guys sound like a couple of basement dwellers.

dpd3672
08-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Him and HugeUno make for some interesting reading. Both of those guys sound like a couple of basement dwellers.

Uno really troubles me.

The zeal with which he attempts to convince everyone to avoid a simple safety check (headspace) completely defies logic. It's like a Jehovah's Witness hanging around the Porter Cable display and preaching to everyone that safety glasses are useless, and it's impossible for a pneumatic nailer to blind you due to the safety devices built into it.

Who knows, he may be right, but why try so hard to convince people to skip a step that's pretty much universally accepted as important? If for no other reason, I'd worry about a lawsuit.