PDA

View Full Version : No printer!

Dave
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Damn it. Went to print out two order forms to send my next two projects to Tim and my printer quit. It says cartridges not recognized. Took them out, cleaned everything, still messed up. Ink all over the phucking place. Damn it. Damn it.:mad::mad::mad:

jak
09-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm sure Tim will take hand-written order forms.

Are the ink cartridges the same brand as the printer ? My HP printer only works with HP cartridges.

Dave
09-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm sure Tim will take hand-written order forms.

Are the ink cartridges the same brand as the printer ? My HP printer only works with HP cartridges.

It's an Epson printer with 6 inks. I had refillable ones in it, took them out and got OEM and it still has the same problem. :(
I'll have my kids look at it, they seem to do better at this crap than me. I have zero patience for anything electronic.

jak
09-05-2012, 08:24 PM
It's an Epson printer with 6 inks. I had refillable ones in it, took them out and got OEM and it still has the same problem. :(
I'll have my kids look at it, they seem to do better at this crap than me. I have zero patience for anything electronic.

Most printers these days use ink cartridges that have a "smart chip" installed. The "smart chip" contains an unique ID#, it also tells the printer how much ink is left in the cartridge and a bunch of other stuff. The ID# is what tells the printer that you installed a different cartridge instead of the same one you just removed. Sometimes the printers get confused and cranky when you use OEM or refilled cartridges instead of the printer's own brand because of these "smart chips". I've seen this problem plenty of times out in the field. I don't need that kind of grief with my printer. That's why I just use HP cartridges in a HP printer.

melloman
09-05-2012, 10:02 PM
My printer shit the bed about two weeks ago. Buy a new one and move on.