PDA

View Full Version : ordering from Dugage

luvmym1 13
09-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Does anybody know if Dupage sends an item shipped email. I ordered a stock on the 17th and chose 2 day shipping. Then they told me to wait 5 days to process the order. Just curious if I spent more on shipping for nothing.

Punch The Clown
09-19-2012, 04:44 PM
DuPage isn't always the fastest in the shipping department but they are a good honest outfit to deal with.

luvmym1 13
09-19-2012, 04:57 PM
That's good to hear. I just was a bit confused by the conflicting info.

timshufflin
09-20-2012, 08:12 AM
Dupage and myself are not set up to give "state of the art" tracking information. I don't send out "shipped" emails either but tend to make up for this by actually getting people their rifles before they can even think to ask for it.

If you add a layer of bureaucracy to a business, you add costs and time to every process. Running a little leaner can actually make the shipping experience faster, to a point. All bets are off when your business gets to a certain size. At that critical size, tracking shipping can actually begin to pay for itself.

M1orNone
09-21-2012, 12:21 AM
When I ordered my "handyman special" M1 stock from Dupage, I threw a money order in the envelope, along with a piece of paper telling them what I wanted. A week, to the day, later, there was the stock sitting on my front step. You don't get much easier than that. I emailed them to confirm the price of the stock, and to ask if they accepted money orders. They told me no problem. One of the easiest and fastest snail mail transactions I've ever had.

ordmm
09-22-2012, 01:10 AM
Jim at Dupage is really an "old school" kind of guy. The main thing you need to worry about is getting "ON THE LIST". You only need to know about "THE LIST" if you get on "THE LIST". But once a year....just like Festavis on Seinfeld, you could be forgiven. Thinking about it....I might even get on the list just by mentioning the list. Jim is one of the original Chicago surplus guys. Man...the stories he can tell 'ya. For example there is the one about the Hemburg AR10's from.............Ah...better let him tell it. Oh yeah...Jim was one of the guys who cleaned out the Garand "barnwood" stash in Wisconsin. Rick B. wrote an article about it. Jim at DuPage is truly one of the good guys! Deal with DuPage with complete confidence!

Prince Humperdink
09-22-2012, 12:02 PM
I buy from Jim every chance I get.Top notch and My items are here in about a week.

deputy85
09-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Just dont catch him on a bad day, and be sure and explain yourself,, back when he offered the 1st go round of fixer up carbine stocks, i ordered 5, total firewood NOT ONE REPAIRABLE ONE IN THE BUNCH, i called explained the ones to him ASKED IF I COULD ORDER 5 MORE AND PAY FOR HANDPICKED,, man he can tell you off without cussing,, guess he thought i was complaining,, if there was a list ''then'' i got on it for sure,,

Roadkingtrax
09-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Who care's about their list....

They are on MY list,...I ward people off as much as I can. Don't care what old school means,....sounds like acting like a jerk to make up for lack of people skills.

Orlando
09-23-2012, 07:05 PM
The List ?

I know nothing!!!!!!
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/misc/Sgt_Schultz2_zpscc527cb6.gif

Punch The Clown
09-23-2012, 09:13 PM
The List ?

I know nothing!!!!!!
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/misc/Sgt_Schultz2_zpscc527cb6.gif

Bill was "On The List". I believe he was pardoned however. I hope I didn't say too much.

luvmym1 13
09-24-2012, 03:43 PM
I didn't mean to give the impression I was complaining I just was curious how there shipping worked. Last parts for my build are ordered and was trying to figure when I was going to put her together is all.