PDA

View Full Version : Sign Me Up!!! Not!

Punch The Clown
09-20-2012, 12:48 AM
I can't believe what I'm reading here. They're joking, right?

http://odcmp.plannedgiving.org/

dpd3672
09-20-2012, 04:20 AM
It's not much different than any other charitable donation. Some people build hospital wings, some set up libraries at universities...apparently they're hoping that some will donate to the CMP.

Personally, I think it takes a particular combination of a ****load of money and a contempt for your heirs to do something like that, and I doubt I'll ever be in the position to have to make that call, but it's really not that unheard of. The NRA has had a program like this for as long as I can remember. I'd imagine it would appeal to some of the high rollers that spend $100k+ every year on the auction items.

dogboysdad
09-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Every college and university has a similar program.

timshufflin
09-20-2012, 08:02 AM
For the most part, the CMP is made up of folks who's demographics are "older". Looks like low hanging fruit to me.

jak
09-20-2012, 09:51 AM
In my case my family is very very small. We probably won't have any heirs to our leave money to. So after we're gone, our money is going to a very special local non-profit organization that we support. I rather give the money to them than let the government steal it.

Prince Humperdink
09-20-2012, 11:36 AM
In my case my family is very very small. We probably won't have any heirs to our leave money to. So after we're gone, our money is going to a very special local non-profit organization that we support. I rather give the money to them than let the government steal it.

Uncle John? ;)

jak
09-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Uncle John? ;)

Ryan...my long lost nephew !!! Where have you been all these years ???

timshufflin
09-20-2012, 06:49 PM
If I had nobody to give my money to? I'd give it to someone who I felt had the political nut bag to change this country back to pre 1933.

Punch The Clown
09-20-2012, 09:01 PM
My kids get everything, but even If I decided different, I still can't give all my money to a nonprofit organization where the COO makes 300k.

timshufflin
09-21-2012, 04:57 AM
You nailed it Punch! I really would have to have my money make a difference. Seriously, if I wasn't leaving my money to my boys or didn't have a good friend, I'd scour the earth for a kid who was down on his luck, had taken no government aid, was a conservative, and I'd hook his ass up.

I can't imagine not having heirs or a great friend to leave my money to before a "charity" though.