PDA

View Full Version : Stock Help

HerkyBird
09-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Got the stock I ordered from the CMP in today. Plan is...or was...to switch out my stock before I send the M1 to Tim for a Mini G conversion. Problem is, the fit on the new stock is so tight, the trigger group won't lock back in. Forgive my lack of technical terms, but the tight fit is squeezing the aft end of the mag well, making it impossible for the little lugs on the trigger guard to go into the channel and lock everything in. Anyone else had this problem? I guess I could start sanding, but I shouldn't have to. CMP advertises their stocks to be cut to ensure easy assembly. Anyone had any experience with having to return something to the CMP? I'm leaning towards doing that and just having Tim switch out my furniture and send me my old one back with the converted rifle.

Prince Humperdink
09-20-2012, 11:06 PM
You can take off a micro bit if You like,but ideally You should have to smack the trigger guard down with a mallet(yes,that hard).That is what They did when They assembled them.The reason They get to the point of locking easily is because They have been compressed down over time(or someone sanded them).

HerkyBird
09-20-2012, 11:44 PM
You can take off a micro bit if You like,but ideally You should have to smack the trigger guard down with a mallet(yes,that hard).That is what They did when They assembled them.The reason They get to the point of locking easily is because They have been compressed down over time(or someone sanded them).

So you're saying its supposed to be that tight? Wow. I was afraid I was about to break something when it I couldn't get it to go. I generally try to live by the rule of what the monkey said to the elephant...."If it don't fit, don't force it!" But I also flew C-130s. We had what we called "The Lockheed Fix..." Just hit it with a hammer! So I can see both sides. I guess I'll give the ol' Lockheed fix a try tomorrow.

timshufflin
09-21-2012, 04:52 AM
Sir, don't sweat it. If you think you'll bugger it up, just send it and put a note in it. If you need the trigger pads or rear guard adjusted there is a small fee. I modify the barrel channels and oprod sides on the G free of charge.

Orlando
09-21-2012, 06:05 AM
If you decide to do the work yourself here are just a few things to check for on Commercial stocks.
http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/showthread.php?31-quot-How-to-quot-on-Commercial-Stock-Fitting