PDA

View Full Version : That M14 has some serious issues.

Roadkingtrax
09-21-2012, 08:20 PM
The CMP forum is a friendly place to discuss and learn about rifles!!!

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=85848

Roadkingtrax
09-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Transcript....before the thread is deleted for the positive attitude it is displaying.

Read from bottom to top.

Unread Today, 05:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
You might just try listening for a time instead of going off on the attack. Remember when you point a finger at another, there are three pointing at you.
I not only listened, I looked him up online. Thus, my opinion of his SME status.
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
#33 Report Post
Unread Today, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilegeek View Post
N1fe, The man presents himself as an SME on multiple forums, yet is consistently incorrect. Defend that if you must, but you can shove the wannabe bulge too.

I certainly don't recall this table he had at Perry.
You might just try listening for a time instead of going off on the attack. Remember when you point a finger at another, there are three pointing at you. Knowledge is earned, stupid is forever and can only be replaced by knowledge. We all don't agree 100% of the time, but that is no reason for the mob mentality that shows up. Heck dude, we ain't arabs.
Last edited by nf1e; Today at 05:46 PM.
#32 Report Post
Unread Today, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokiWartooth View Post
Ever hear of Photobucket?
Are you telling us you were shooting past 1000 yds with a 2.5x scope? At what? A bus?
No, I never said that. I shot Palma with a Griffin and Howe M14 mount and because the scope is high and to the left of the bore, using a super ciritcal scope didn't work (I did try). Had a Leopold 2x7 duplex retacle and it worked just fine. Understand that at DM there was only a 1000 yard pad because of the terrain. So it was shot two stages:

Any rifle, iron sights
Any rifle any sights.

With the G&H mount, I could unlock it, slide it off and shoot USGI NM sites. Using M118 and handloads, the adjustments were either 42 or 44 clicks depending. Remember, USGI NM rear sights are 1/2 minute adjustments, that does not take into account the extra 1/2 adjustment you get with the NM rear apature.

PS, with the classic G&H mount, the scope was 1" to the left of the bore and 2" high. Little tricky, but once dialed in with a good scope, they can be beat.
#31 Report Post
Unread Today, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilegeek View Post
M14, luminaries on this field aren't wrong this often. You can shove the keyboard commando crap.
Missinggook,
You really need to grow up and get your head out of the dark place you are keeping it. This attack stuff serves no good purpose. Bob is good people. M14s comment about wanabees sure fits some of you jackoffs, as Lee would say.
Semper Fi
Sgt USMC 66-72 RVN 67-68
Art Banks
#30 Report Post
Unread Today, 05:14 PM

M14, luminaries on this field aren't wrong this often. You can shove the keyboard commando crap.
Last edited by missilegeek; Today at 05:21 PM.
#29 Report Post
Unread Today, 05:00 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews, 100%
It is like asking how much a Ferrari cost, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Same thing goes for anyone that does not know who Robert J. Kohl is, in the M14 world, .....you haven't gpt a clue, and never will.

Maybe some of you guys should go join a forum for little kids...say, 8-10 year olds, so you can sling mud at each other.

I wouldn't blame him if he never posted another helpful thing here for anyone, because of some of your post on this thread. Thank goodness though, he is more adult than some of you.

Welcome Bob, glad to see you here ! Your reputation preceeds you in my circles. Pay no attention to the wannabe's here. You have earned your due respect from me, actually competing in the field, and not make believe on a forum site. Well done !
#28 Report Post
Unread Today, 04:58 PM

Feedback Score: 12 reviews, 100%
So rojkoh, why were you dismissed from the M14 forum?

timshufflin
09-21-2012, 10:36 PM
???????????????

Punch The Clown
09-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Amsdorf perhaps?

Roadkingtrax
09-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Amsdorf perhaps?

Sorry for any confusion.

I am not an M1A owner, but when I look at that forum...there is always some kind of tense exchange going on.

ordmm
09-22-2012, 01:01 AM
....Lots of interesting stuff posted there.

canes7
09-22-2012, 06:49 PM
nf1e, or whatever his name is, is a complete tool.

stratochief
09-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Couple of guys bickering is all I see. What am I not seeing?

luvmym1 13
09-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Nothing better than a front row seat for a good ol CMP forum pissing match. Great stuff!