PDA

View Full Version : Dupage walnut stocks

paid4c4
05-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Has anybody bought any of these and if so how are they.
Bill
https://www.dupagetrading.com/m1-stocks/m1-stock-sets.html

checkmate19
05-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Bill I jsut sold one a week ago on the cmp. Its the WWII style walnut Supage stock, it was pretty nice and looked great with fairtrimmers on it. A week earlier and I could have hooked you up.

cat1870
05-15-2011, 02:18 PM
I just finished installing mine last week. Went on pretty simply. Most of the wood I had to releive was where the floorplate contacted the wood.

Fair piece of straight grained walnut.

Hope this helps.

gary

Orlando
05-15-2011, 02:29 PM
I have 3 of them. While they are a nice stock they need some tweaking. Some more than others
http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/showthread.php?31-quot-How-to-quot-on-Commercial-Stock-Fitting
http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/showthread.php?32-quot-How-to-quot-Stock-Fitting-Part-II

IMO the very last thing I would do is remove any wood where the trigger gaurd sets. After the mod to where the reciver sets that usually lightens up the lock up. Even if very tight as long as its not causing any malfunctions I would leave it alone. It doesnt take long for the wood to cmpress . JMO yours may vary

cat1870
05-15-2011, 02:47 PM
I couldn't get the trigger guard to close and lock into place w/o removing wood where the floorplate contacts the stock. I was afraid that I was going to bend the trigger guard if I put more preasure on it.
It now locks into place nicely.

Orlando
05-15-2011, 03:30 PM
If you look at my post about seeing a small amount of light under the reciver, when that has proper clearance the guard closes easier
I like them to get resistance as the end of the trigger gaurd is even with the end of the trigger. They are very tight at first but as the set for alittle while the wood compresses.
I dont like to remove any wood under the trigger asssembly because as the wood compresses it will get to loose.
Another option is to use a guard with worn lugs until wood compresses some then replace with a gaurd with round lugs
JMO

Schriv
05-15-2011, 05:35 PM
I have three of those. The only work I've had to do was remove a small amount of wood on the back of the rear handguard on two of them. They lock up very tight, but I expect them to loosen up a bit after the wood compresses.

MH53GUNNER
05-15-2011, 09:07 PM
I couldn't get the trigger guard to close and lock into place w/o removing wood where the floorplate contacts the stock. I was afraid that I was going to bend the trigger guard if I put more preasure on it.
It now locks into place nicely.

When the rifles were built in the factory the armorers used a rubber mallet to seat the trigger guard.
There is a pic on my website that shows it in use.

mark2112
05-30-2011, 07:27 PM
i liked mine much better than the boyds oversized,you still need a slight sanding and restaining.i called dupage and they told me the minwax color they used to finish them and i just happened to have that number lying around.all 3 pieces matched perfectly.

mixmaster
05-30-2011, 08:35 PM
As mentioned before, a leather mallet was used to lock the action after being glass bedded.Glass bedding made the stock a bear to assemble and disassemble! I would not be uncomfortable with a stock that tight locking up. I do get nervous with a stock that closes to easy.
Mix

captain_bob_badfish
05-31-2011, 12:29 AM
a great stock for the price. As mentioned before they will take a little bit of final fitting.

MH53GUNNER
05-31-2011, 10:33 AM
i liked mine much better than the boyds oversized,you still need a slight sanding and restaining.i called dupage and they told me the minwax color they used to finish them and i just happened to have that number lying around.all 3 pieces matched perfectly.

Do you remember the Minwax number that Dupage cited? This is a question that keeps being asked.

burdick1776
05-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Here is two Dupage stocks My cousin and I got this spring. Paid Jim a bit more to hand select them.

mixmaster
05-31-2011, 01:44 PM
B1776
Good looking stocks! I wish mine would come out half as good. Mine always look like a drunken troll applied the finish and then danced on them. Metal I can work with, wood is the kiss of death in my hands.