PDA

View Full Version : Mini g at local match

RSF
05-15-2011, 10:52 PM
I spent a wet Saturday at the local ACTS match at center line gun club in Calhoun MI,

I decided to get some feed back on running a 8 round gun in a 30 round mag match world Now that said i usually place in the top 5 every time i shoot this or unless i screw the pooch so to speak

I finished 9th out of 25 shooters dropped no points and was pretty close on times
I need to find a better way to hold spare clips for a faster reloads but over all im very pleased

paid4c4
05-16-2011, 08:58 AM
I have the answer to your problem. Have our friend Timmy make you a miniG with the M14 option. I use a 30 round magazine with mine and it is really nice. CMI makes the mags and they work without a hitch.
Bill

RSF
05-16-2011, 06:30 PM
If i wanted that i would use my m-14

I wanted a enbloc for specific purpose i have no issue running it as it is trust me

just need a bit more practice and a better pouch for clips

timshufflin
05-16-2011, 06:58 PM
RSF, there is a mag pouch that goes on the stock butt but that's not what I think you're looking for. Seems like you'd be looking for something where the enbloc is absolutely handy right in front of you. Would an open bag with wide wired mouth be the ticket? Something that could hold maybe 6 to 10 loaded enblocs just laying on each other. Perhaps held on with some type of shoulder harness about 6" above the waist? I have a guy, Olongapo outfitters can make you whatever you like. Ask for Jerry Dean, the owner, tell him I sent you and see if he already has something, he's pretty darn good.

http://www.olongapooutfitters.com/
email [email protected]

jjones
05-16-2011, 08:28 PM
I just got their stock pouch. Great quality stuff.

timshufflin
05-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Something like one of these shotgun shell pouches http://www.mosquitocreek.com/Boyt-SC52-Twin-Compartment-Shell-Pouch/productinfo/BTSC52/

RSF
05-16-2011, 09:33 PM
the grab and go looks perfect

timshufflin
05-16-2011, 09:55 PM
the grab and go looks perfect

He'll treat you right too.

redheep
05-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Jerry is awesome. I had my grab and go in like 5 days. If you put my USGI issue stuff next to his, I'd say his is better quality.

MajorD
07-16-2011, 05:57 PM
for carrying ammo how about the classic usgi cartridge belt? the clip pouch that goes on the stock looks nice too. These mini-g's struck me- just when I thought my safe was full and there wasn't anything that was screaming buy me! any more!
I think one in 308 would be a great companion to my steyr scout

HighAngleHell
07-17-2011, 06:35 AM
At the advice of a friend of mine who has the http://www.olongapooutfitters.com/ Stock pouch I bought one as well. I wasn't very good with my buddies because he had the lefty version. I think it's pretty cool that he makes a lefty version for the wrong handed guys. I personally am waiting the Molle 2-4 pouches that he has coming out soon so I can attach them to a plate carrier or Military style FLC. I figure 12 Loaded en-blocs on the vest,2 on the Buttstock and 1 in the Rifle should do me fine.

MajorD
07-17-2011, 04:36 PM
looked at the olongapo stuff and it looks very nice- but can't help but think it wouldn't be much of an upgrade from the korean era canvas belt I have in my gun room. a minig with a red dot and some of the olopango gear would certainly bring the old war horse up to 21st century standards!