PDA

View Full Version : Is Lapriester Rude And Grating, Or Is It Just Me?

Punch The Clown
10-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Is this some form of the Stockholm Syndrome? He bashes the crap out of people and they still sing his praises? Ericc has been in Larry's crosshairs for a while now.

timshufflin
10-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Is this some form of the Stockholm Syndrome? He bashes the crap out of people and they still sing his praises? Ericc has been in Larry's crosshairs for a while now.

Do you have a thread?

canes7
10-26-2012, 10:46 AM
I thnk Larry's gone bi-polar. He got snarkey with me one day then accused me of being rude.... The CMP newbs love his high post count.

Orlando
10-26-2012, 04:25 PM
He does come across gruff sometimes but I have picked his brain several times on projects and he has always been more than happy to help

buckshot85
10-26-2012, 04:36 PM
He has helped me also in the past. BUT, this is the same guy who said he was thru with the CMP because of belligerent behavior and attitudes. He was done until people quit bashing and stopped being condescending. A self imposed ban if you will. This was about 2 years ago. Now I believe he has become what he so despised. Still very knowledgeable, but can be a real richard at times.

dpd3672
10-27-2012, 04:02 PM
I concur with the consensus. He's been EXTREMELY helpful to me in the past, and I've never had a problem with him, but he does get a little touchy about some subjects. A couple I noticed in particular is the relative merits of "sticky notes" on CMP orders, or whenever someone asks about the general condition of various grades of rifle (how have the FGs been lately? etc). He usually chimes in with a somewhat bitchy speech on how it's completely random, and there's no guarantee what you'll get. Maybe so, but you can't argue that the general condition of various grades tends to vary...last summer lots of the SGs were in GI wood...lately, they're all in CMP wood. Early this year, lots of lockbars were going out, lately it's been NM barrels, etc.

I guess he's just a little eccentric, like most of us. I try to get along with everybody, but I have my own (rather large) set of shortcomings, too.

timshufflin
10-27-2012, 04:33 PM
I try to get along with everybody, but I have my own (rather large) set of shortcomings, too.

Amen my brother, my list is too large to write.

seaninmich
10-27-2012, 08:24 PM
IIRC, larry lives in Kalifornia. need any more be said?

Larry was one of (if not THE) the first deals i ever made on CMP forum. deep down I think he's a pretty nice guy with a good amount of knowledge. He does NOT like to be challenged or criticized in any way. he also has his buttons and when they get pushed, don't be in his path. He's "quit" the forum more times than I can remember. he always comes back.

His post count gives him street cred with the noobs. whatever. I wish they didn't even show a post count on forums. It's stupid.