PDA

View Full Version : i sold my Kimber today

checkmate19
11-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Well i sold my Kimber today at the show. I thought I would off set the cost of the 6 mils purchased recently. I went to the local show and sold it for 750.00 in about 20 minuets , I purchased it about 5 years ago for 650.00 so I am prety happy about it. I fel bad selling her as she was always so petty to look at but i never got much use out of her . LOL kinda like a pretty girl that does not , well you know , Anyway feel like I needed to talk to some one about it as I kinda miss her.
I am thinking of thinning the herd again , kinda sucks. I hurt my hand at work a week ago and it was a wake up call so to speak. Its my left hand so better than if it ws my right one. Im getting better every day and was back to work with only one day out of work . broken finger and 37 stitches and I would swear a few other broken fingers LOL. I guess the rifles are the same as a cash back up plan anyway. Oh well it has me thinking about it . I am starting to feel old I guess.

Punch The Clown
11-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I almost bought one 2 years ago just as an impulse buy. Luckily, I realized I had absolutely no interest in them. It was a close one though.

Hope your hand heals.

checkmate19
11-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks and yes it was just that I bought it cause i did not have one . I never uses it much and just felt it was time to let it go.

cuppednlocked
11-10-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

seaninmich
11-10-2012, 10:12 PM
37 stitches in a hand???? you can damn near sew a hand back on with fewer than 37 stitches. what did you do?

Orlando
11-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Sorry you had to let your Kimber go.
My slightly modified Kimber will be the last rifle I would sell
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f197/Garandlover/Kimber%2082/Picture.jpg

Jim Oliver
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Now, go try to buy it back for $750:(

Jim

checkmate19
11-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Should have been more clear it was my kimber handgun . i wont miss it .
Sean it ws a stupid mistake on my part , I slipped on a a frame rail over the down draft pit. i have walked on it a thousand times but jsut slipped this time, i went down like a ton of bricks, my hand hit the concrete rel hard and I think it jsut split open from the force. i have several stitches in my thumb and index finger and a tear along the side of my plam between the thumb and index finger .

Nice rifle Orlando , I did have a kimber 82 also but sold it a year ago, I will keep and use my SuperMatch 54 twice a month with my Dad.

Orlando
11-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Ha, my dumb mistake, i didnt notice this was the 1911 forum
Hope your hand heels well