PDA

View Full Version : "Good Times" for me too...

cuppednlocked
05-18-2011, 09:01 AM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc5/cuppednlocked/225918_211682418866407_100000739527523_655567_1311 163_n.jpg

I am filling out my shooting coat a little more lately...

You should also notice my "el cheapo" shooting cart made from a handtruck, milk crates, and a LOT of cable ties!

cuppednlocked
05-18-2011, 09:06 AM
My "game face" waiting for the TARGETS UP command for rapid prone. I ended up shooting my highest prone score (slow or rapid).

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc5/cuppednlocked/230974_211682342199748_100000739527523_655565_7543 605_n.jpg

cuppednlocked
05-18-2011, 09:11 AM
After the shooting comes the work. I really enjoy the pits when you know who the guy(s) are that are the ones punching holes in the paper. You get to see how well or how bad a day they are having.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc5/cuppednlocked/223218_211682445533071_100000739527523_655568_5604 551_n.jpg

cuppednlocked
05-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Last one...

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc5/cuppednlocked/227368_211682195533096_100000739527523_655562_3186 404_n.jpg

canes7
05-18-2011, 10:16 AM
So what was the score?

BTW do you know you were sitting next to RT40 in the pits?

cuppednlocked
05-18-2011, 12:33 PM
265-4 total.

91, 99-4, 75 (still a little yippy offhand).

Which one was RT?

The Gunny was 5 or so positions in that direction.

canes7
05-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Just kidding about the RT thing. Although I did meet him, for real and in person, on Wednesday during the HP clinic.

Not a bad score... The OH thing will come with time and practice. I got a few tips from the AMU about offhand shooting that may help. Will show ya when we can shoot together.

cuppednlocked
05-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Cool! I'd love to get the AMU info from you.

To be honest I think I'm just skeered of the rifle actually going "BANG"!!!

When I shot my buddy's SW15 .22 I was hitting the gong at 100yds like a horny rabbit... no recoil though. The trigger is also much worse than my Garand. The funny thing is I really don't think the Garand has that much recoil.

Cal30M1
05-18-2011, 04:55 PM
I dunno Canes. With that killer smile and the Man Girdle thing I think ole Cupped is givin you a run fer yer money!

paid4c4
05-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Now I know what's wrong with my shooting ability, I don't have a shooting jacket or chart! Congrats on the fine scores.
Bill

timshufflin
05-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Just kidding about the RT thing. Although I did meet him, for real and in person, on Wednesday during the HP clinic.

Not a bad score... The OH thing will come with time and practice. I got a few tips from the AMU about offhand shooting that may help. Will show ya when we can shoot together.

You met rt40?!!!!!!! Do tell man, do tell!

cuppednlocked
05-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Bill,

I can't help you with the jacket, but with ~$30 I can hook you up with a high-speed low drag shooting cart!

canes7
05-19-2011, 09:10 AM
You met rt40?!!!!!!! Do tell man, do tell!

Not too much to tell... I guess it started on the CMP forums when he put his picture up on the picture thread. I just had to look as I know he gets around this area and may attend some of the same events I do. So last Wednesday, as part of the Creedmoor Cup East, the AMU put on a HP rifle clinic. I've been wanting to attend this for a couple years but it's always on Wednesday and I usually have to work.

So anyway, here it is Wednesday morning I take a seat in the 2nd row and wait for the rest to show. Right in front of me sits a guy that I should recognize but drawing a blank on the name. At our first break he turns around, asks my name and we both instatly realize who we are talking to. The conversation went something like this:

Eric: I've had a few run-in's with you on theinternet.
Me: You've had a run in with everyone on the internet.
Eric: You going to tell Battle Tested you met me?
Me: If it comes up.
Eric: Now that you met me what do you think?
Me: Blank stare.
Eric: Don't tell the BT guys my last name, I think they want to break in my house and steal my stuff.
Me: I wont. Don't worry. The BT guys are not like that anyway.

That pretty much ended the conversation. I can say a few things for sure. He's not that bad of a dude, he just has no social graces at all. He's a bit paranoid. He make a lot of assumptions about things and usually get them wrong, not because he's stupid but because he over-complicates everything. He was they guy in class that asks all the wrong questions at the wrong times. If I had to guess, his parents beat him more than talking to him while he grew up....

cuppednlocked
05-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Break in his house and steal his stuff??? He was serious? Really?!

I'm starting to feel sorry for him if that's the reality he lives in.

canes7
05-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Yup.... Like I said, a bit paranoid.

Blockhead
05-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Eric: Don't tell the BT guys my last name, I think they want to break in my house and steal my stuff.

That is one of the funniest things I've read. Poor RT.

BRUTUS
05-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Not too much to tell... I guess it started on the CMP forums when he put his picture up on the picture thread. I just had to look as I know he gets around this area and may attend some of the same events I do. So last Wednesday, as part of the Creedmoor Cup East, the AMU put on a HP rifle clinic. I've been wanting to attend this for a couple years but it's always on Wednesday and I usually have to work.

So anyway, here it is Wednesday morning I take a seat in the 2nd row and wait for the rest to show. Right in front of me sits a guy that I should recognize but drawing a blank on the name. At our first break he turns around, asks my name and we both instatly realize who we are talking to. The conversation went something like this:

That pretty much ended the conversation. I can say a few things for sure. He's not that bad of a dude, he just has no social graces at all. He's a bit paranoid. He make a lot of assumptions about things and usually get them wrong, not because he's stupid but because he over-complicates everything. He was they guy in class that asks all the wrong questions at the wrong times. If I had to guess, his parents beat him more than talking to him while he grew up....

So, what's his last name? $bomb$$swords$

timshufflin
05-19-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't care about his last name but I always did feel a soft spot for him. I wanted him to be okay but he wouldn't allow himself to be.

canes7
05-19-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't care about his last name but I always did feel a soft spot for him. I wanted him to be okay but he wouldn't allow himself to be.

Precisely how I felt.

cuppednlocked
05-19-2011, 09:04 PM
I officially switched camps and now feel sorry for the guy...

BRUTUS
05-19-2011, 09:27 PM
I didn't expect/want an answer, but people like that bring everything/anything upon THEMSELVES......(Hope this doesn't skew the BT members view of me being a humanitarian....)$vomit$

seaninmich
05-22-2011, 05:48 PM
I officially switched camps ...

me too. I now pray he dies quickly instead of slowly

Punch The Clown
05-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Who was it on the CMP forum that said "look out for those Battle Tested guys-they'll savage you". I got a good laugh out of that one. First savages. Now burglars.

Prince Humperdink
05-22-2011, 08:38 PM

If Your Heart were any Bigger You'd be pumping blood out both ends....If I remember right,I didn't have a problem with RT But I surely didn't understand His reasoning.

cuppednlocked
05-22-2011, 08:42 PM
I now pray he dies quickly instead of slowly

That's some funny shit!

canes7
05-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Sean... Your compassion is endless.

Really the dude seemed like the male version of a drama queen.

redheep
05-22-2011, 09:00 PM
I like your hat.

cuppednlocked
05-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks Gunny.

I'm not a Marine, but almost went Marine Option in my NROTC college days.

redheep
05-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Do you have a green one? I always liked the green ones better.

I'm looking forward to getting home and shooting in my first garand match. Your pictures make me jealous.

dogboysdad
05-22-2011, 10:16 PM
I officially switched camps and now feel sorry for the guy...

You hooked up with Philippe?? Someone here is gonna be jealous.

cuppednlocked
05-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Do you have a green one? I always liked the green ones better.

I have a pair of green MARPAT utility trousers but no cover. I wear them hunting mostly. I may see if my friend's dad will pick me up another cover next time he hits the uniform exchange at Lejune. He just retired a few years ago. Was Sgt Major iirc. Last name Panneton if that rings a bell.

cuppednlocked
05-22-2011, 11:45 PM

"Dude, do you know how I know you're gay?"....

dogboysdad
05-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Do tell . . .

cuppednlocked
05-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Sorry dbd, I forgot the next line of the movie.

Redheep, we shoot the first and third Saturdays outside Greenville. First is near Falkland, and the third is near Grimesland. Good group of guys at both ranges (small group shoots both). When you get back from deployment stop by and shoot with us.

canes7
05-23-2011, 08:45 AM

I've been wondering when Phillipe was going to make his first appearance on the new forum.

MH53GUNNER
05-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Who was it on the CMP forum that said "look out for those Battle Tested guys-they'll savage you". I got a good laugh out of that one. First savages. Now burglars.

Ha Ha Ha.

There were many on the old forum that thought that. "When you attack one the whole wolf pack tears you up."

redheep
05-23-2011, 02:27 PM
Sorry dbd, I forgot the next line of the movie.

Redheep, we shoot the first and third Saturdays outside Greenville. First is near Falkland, and the third is near Grimesland. Good group of guys at both ranges (small group shoots both). When you get back from deployment stop by and shoot with us.

I've talked to the prez of DEGS, but didn't get a chance to get up there. I didn't know there was another range. It's about 75 minutes for me, but I'm hoping to get up there once a month.

I need to practice the course of fire, but the only range we have down here just has benches. I can shoot offhand, but not prone or rapid fire.

RuggedTerrain40
01-06-2012, 12:50 AM

Uh, that is not the exact conversation, Daniel. First, the context of the conversation was joking and friendly...I was pulling your leg on some of the stuff I was saying to you. As far as the concerns about not using my last name out of fear of having my shit stolen, I think that is a valid concern. If that makes me paranoid, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa. To be honest, you are taking things I said to you and reposting them OUT OF CONTEXT. I was not specifically "paranoid" that some BT guy was gonna specifically come and steal my gear. You also ommitted some stuff I said to you, like when I JOKINGLY said to you, "are you scared?"

Here is my assessment of you, dude:

1) absolutely no sense of humor
2) too serious
3) You need to lighten up
4) there are others who are better than you are and who own more than you own
5) You honestly came across as a little bit shy in person, at least to me. Where as online you come across as mr big talking macho bullshitter
6) You can shoot well, but your personality sucks

I feel bad that I seriously considered offering to stay another day or two and offer to carry your gear for you for that EIC while your back was f up after reading this. I felt sorry for you and asked about your back problem...the above is what I get in return. Thanks man...

Eric

cuppednlocked
01-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Actually I found that Dan is:
1. Friggin hilarious when dealing w normal folks
2. Jovial like Santa Claus
3. Pretty damn relaxed
4. Not concerned w how much stuff someone has or the fact someone shot a better score (if you actually shot a match instead of talking a big game you would know what I am talking about)
5. I bet he was worried you'd go postal on everyone there
6. See #5

Ohhhhh, you actually thought about offering a hand? That's quite a big gesture...

RuggedTerrain40
01-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Actually I found that Dan is:
1. Friggin hilarious when dealing w normal folks
2. Jovial like Santa Claus
3. Pretty damn relaxed
4. Not concerned w how much stuff someone has or the fact someone shot a better score (if you actually shot a match instead of talking a big game you would know what I am talking about)
5. I bet he was worried you'd go postal on everyone there
6. See #5

Ohhhhh, you actually thought about offering a hand? That's quite a big gesture...

You know, I attended the exact same Team Remington Bushmaster/USAMU clinic in May 2010. Dan was not there. It was a fun, enjoyable experience. And extremely educational. And so was the May 2011 Team Remington Bushmaster/USAMU clinic. What Dan's problem is, based upon what I read here, is he's a fruit.

I acted nice to the guy there, extremely, extremely polite to him. Just like I have at every event like this I ever attended. I left there thinking nothing about it. Thought I had a good time. Then I come here one night and read this stuff. Makes me wanna puke. The fact that you act nice to someone IRL and they go off and talk all kinds of nasty stuff about you behind your back. Makes me wanna absolutely throw up.

Again, f you.

Eric

cuppednlocked
01-06-2012, 03:21 AM
So, how much shooting have you done after attending all those clinics?

RuggedTerrain40
01-06-2012, 03:59 AM
So, how much shooting have you done after attending all those clinics?

None. I am too busy working and doing other important stuff. Listen, FF, I have better things to do with my time than argue on stupid Internet message boards with North Carolina rednecks than to continue this stupidity. I will say this though before I go. Offline, 99.99% of the people I have met, shot with, taken clinics with, etc. have been cool as hell. However, on this and the CMP forum, there are some people like yourself that make me think to myself "do I really want to associate with such people?" In all honesty, if I had known what a rough, crude crowd some of the CMP people are, I would have never gotten involved.

When a new guy comes on the CMP forum, like the Amsforf guy, as much as a pain in the a## sounding as he is, guys like yourself dont help things by coming down on him. His enthusiasm gets on your nerves because it is old to you. But guess what? SO WHAT? It does not mean you have to hound people because they are new, dont know stuff or ask redundant questions or maybe their new enthusiasm comes over as "arrogance" online.

I decided not to shoot CMP at all BECAUSE of shit I took on the CMP forum and also intel I was getting fed back to me from this place...people trashing me. If that is what kind of people are in CMP, at least when they are online, well f all of them. I dont want to be involved in such stupidity or associate with such ass wipes as a bunch of dumbass CMP shooters. If you guys want more EIC shooters, trashing them online behind their backs or to their faces is NOT the way to get them to show up.

Like I said a year ago, many of you (not all, but many) should be ashamed of yourselves because of your moral standards...which going by your Internet posting content...is very low.

And with that, Im done wasting my time here talking to dufuses.

So have a happy new year and f you very much.

Eric

canes7
01-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Eric - Get back on your meds before you have a meltdown. You are right, I did leave a lot out of that conversation, to your benifit.

Relax.

cuppednlocked
01-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Does this mean you're going to take your ball and go home now?

BTW I don't want to associate with you, period. Take the flip side of your post; you may be a normal guy off the forums but your lunatic rants online lead me to believe you need serious help.