PDA

View Full Version : Say a prayer...

howie
11-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Please say a prayer for my Dad. He's in the hospital, not doing well.

Punch The Clown
11-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Done. What's going on?

jak
11-19-2012, 09:51 AM
I hope your Dad recovers soon.

Orlando
11-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Will do Howie.

Prince Humperdink
11-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Howie,I have been praying,but I'd really like to know his name to make it more personal when praying(if You don't mind).

cuppednlocked
11-19-2012, 04:12 PM
On the way.

timshufflin
11-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes Howie, what's your Dad's name? Hope all gets better.

melloman
11-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Prayer of healing for your Dad.

checkmate19
11-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Prayers for you and you Father howie,

M1orNone
11-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Sent from here.

howie
11-23-2012, 10:40 AM
His name is Roger. My wife and I went to see him last night.....Long story short he's got a history of being manic-depressive, bipolar. Was on meds for years and it kept him pretty even-keeled. He quit taking his meds over the summer and was on a high for a couple weeks, then he leveled off. He's been working on rebuilding a small house on the farm where I grew up, and he planned on moving back out to the farm from town with Mom. The house is coming along nicely, completely enclosed, we're working on wiring and insulation today. About two weeks ago he got it in his head that he had made a huge mistake by borrowing and building (the house he's in now is paid for, worth probably $90g), and he has convinced himself that he's a failure, thinks he's gotten everyone in trouble, including the two guys doing the majority of the heavy construction. We've had several people look at the place, and then showed them how much money he's got left, and every single one of them says "What's the problem?" Financially he's fine. The project is moving along nicely, but he can't see it. Mom took him to the hospital because he wasn't sleeping at all, hadn't slept more than an hour or two for a few weeks, and was completely delusional, talking about how he needed to go to prison for starting this project, how he wished he was dead, etc....

Well, we went to see him last night, and it was heartbreaking. My Dad, who has been a rock his entire life, is absolutely terrified, paranoid, never EVER seen him like this. They've changed his meds almost daily since he's been there, and I certainly can't see any improvement at all. My mother has been trying to talk to the Dr. for a week but he won't return calls. We're considering pulling him out and taking him somewhere else. That place was a shit hole, other patients blaring rap music so loud it was hard to have a conversation, it was hot, stale.... he's not in a good place.

I know there are those who scoff at the concept of mental illness, but I'm telling you, it's real. That wasn't my Dad I was talking to last night. That was a scared, nervous five-year-old inside my Dad. It's unbelievable.

So, if you guys would continue to pray for my Dad, that they find a successful treatment, that we can get him somewhere decent....My family would appreciate it very much.

Prince Humperdink
11-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Will do My friend!

Punch The Clown
11-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Howie, if the place is a shithole get him out of there. Also, don't let doctors bully you. You can't imagine how many times they are wrong in their diagnosis. Ask educated questions-well thought out and researched. It scares the crap out of doctors and they will be more aggressive in their treatment.
Mental illness is a disease no different than heart disease or any other. Good luck bro.