PDA

View Full Version : OK...Now by father in law is ticked off over my thinking on the Twinkie thing.....

ordmm
11-26-2012, 01:48 AM
My father in law...a die hard union guy and democrat says to me...."it really is terrible that something like 18,000 workers will lose their jobs when Hostess goes under"....Well I replied...."look at the upside, that will be 18,000 less people contributing to the union scam which funds the democratic party"....a point which I felt was accurate. Well he did an Archie Bunker on me...such is life being a conservative married into a super dem lib union family.

Anyway,,,,the Turkey was good.

Punch The Clown
11-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Did you try to explain to him that for all intents and purposes these people quit and did not really lose their jobs? They were give 2 chances by Hostess.

timshufflin
11-26-2012, 12:53 PM
My father in law...a die hard union guy and democrat says to me...."it really is terrible that something like 18,000 workers will lose their jobs when Hostess goes under"....Well I replied...."look at the upside, that will be 18,000 less people contributing to the union scam which funds the democratic party"....a point which I felt was accurate. Well he did an Archie Bunker on me...such is life being a conservative married into a super dem lib union family.

Anyway,,,,the Turkey was good.

I feel bad for you Sir. It would be tough not having a human being for a father in law.