PDA

View Full Version : What Kind Of Idiot.............

Punch The Clown
11-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Would put a sticker like this on their home???? I was reading on one fruitcake forum how the sign would deter crime as burglars would rather break into a house that may have a gun there to steal. Yes, these and other like it are available online.

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Stumedic/Gun_Free_Household_not_recommended.jpg

Orlando
11-26-2012, 12:20 PM
May as well get a sign thats reads "Rape and pillage at will, Gun Free Zone"

timshufflin
11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
a democrat???????

dpd3672
11-26-2012, 04:45 PM
Maybe it's reverse psychology...a guy armed to the teeth that's trying to lure in a burglar.

He should add "hot, virgin daughter inside" to the sign...

timshufflin
11-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Maybe it's reverse psychology...a guy armed to the teeth that's trying to lure in a burglar.

He should add "hot, virgin daughter inside" to the sign...

This begs the question, if you have such a commie sign outside of your home, and then a bad guy breaks in and you shoot them, are you now liable in any sort of "extra" fashion because you re-nigged on your no firearms promise?

cannonshooter
11-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Baiting is legal during scumbag hunting season.
Mack

Eli
11-26-2012, 08:36 PM
I think baiting burglars is still legal in 34 states ;)

Eli

timshufflin
11-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Seriously, I'd bet my lefty that a burglar or its family would sue if the burglar was shot when you had a sign like that outside. They would say that they should be able to expect a condition of safety when robbing you.

seaninmich
11-26-2012, 09:38 PM
This begs the question, if you have such a commie sign outside of your home, and then a bad guy breaks in and you shoot them, are you now liable in any sort of "extra" fashion because you re-nigged on your no firearms promise?

I guarantee you 100% that you WOULD be sued as the intruder had reasonable cause to assume there was no danger of being shot if he entered.

When I took my CPL class we were told that if you mark your private property "no hunting" that you are not legally permitted to hunt it as anyone on the property (i.e - trespassers) have reasonable cause to believe the area is safe from gun fire

timshufflin
11-26-2012, 09:40 PM
I guarantee you 100% that you WOULD be sued as the intruder had reasonable cause to assume there was no danger of being shot if he entered.

When I took my CPL class we were told that if you mark your private property "no hunting" that you are not legally permitted to hunt it as anyone on the property (i.e - trespassers) have reasonable cause to believe the area is safe from gun fire

This is exactly where I was going with this.

seaninmich
11-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Seriously, I'd bet my lefty that a burglar or its family would sue if the burglar was shot when you had a sign like that outside. They would say that they should be able to expect a condition of safety when robbing you.

I should have read the entire thread first. But, yes, this is correct. You WILL be sued.

Think of it this way: If you hang a sign on your fence that says "no dogs in this yard" and some asshat hops the fence into your yard and your german sheperd tears his nuts off, you ARE getting sued