PDA

View Full Version : Might be a score.

M1orNone
12-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Went out yesterday in search of AR parts. Stopped by one of the gun shops I frequent, and noticed they had several big plastic totes full of misc. gun parts, with a big printed sign saying "Make me an offer". Mags, stuff like that. I notice the carry handle of an A1 upper protruding from the mass of junk I wasn't interested in, so I pull it out of the box, look it over, and ask the guy behind the counter how much.

"I don't know, how's $20 sound?"

Uh, duh. SOLD!

Turns out it's an brand new, unfired, 1972-vintage Colt SP1 upper. Stripped, of course, but it's a start.

Got the upper, a pair of unissued triangle handguards, new A2 pistol grip, Brownells recoil spring, front handguard cap, crush washer, and a nice G.I. A1 buttstock, for $60 OTD.

Looks like my retro build might be happening after all.:)

Prince Humperdink
12-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Lucky duck!All I have for my future retro build is a mag pouch and some brass. :P

timshufflin
12-05-2012, 09:48 PM
I know nothing of these guns but it sure sounds cheap to me.

M1orNone
12-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Lucky duck!All I have for my future retro build is a mag pouch and some brass. :P

You want a set of triangle handguards? I can pick up a set for you the next time I'm at that shop. They had probably 4 sets left, and it looks like they had sat on the shelf for a while. There might be a bit of scuffing on them, but they'd clean up easily. Just say the word, and I'll send you a set.

I assume they are the real deal, being made of fiberglass?

Prince Humperdink
12-06-2012, 02:49 AM
You want a set of triangle handguards? I can pick up a set for you the next time I'm at that shop. They had probably 4 sets left, and it looks like they had sat on the shelf for a while. There might be a bit of scuffing on them, but they'd clean up easily. Just say the word, and I'll send you a set.

I assume they are the real deal, being made of fiberglass?
If they are super cheap I would,

M1orNone
12-06-2012, 08:56 PM
If they are super cheap I would,

I picked up another set earlier today, so PM me your address, and I'll get them in the mail.:)