PDA

View Full Version : I Got Me A Devine For Christmas!

Punch The Clown
12-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Yep, my wife and kids bought me a Devine!

seaninmich
12-25-2012, 04:08 PM
What is that?

LEAD POISON
12-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Early m1a made in texas????Very rare!

Roadkingtrax
12-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Sweet...congrats.

Punch The Clown
12-25-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm happy! Do I have to do any bolt lapping?

timshufflin
12-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Stu, they got you an assault rifle with high capacity magazine bullets? Wow.

Orlando
12-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Come on Stu , spill the beans.
Did you get a M1A Devine?? Without pics it aint nothin

Prince Humperdink
12-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Sweet,but I'd rather have someone buy me a bovine.

dogboysdad
12-26-2012, 07:38 AM
What is that?

Sean: Here is a link. I think he got the Shalom Lite. http://www.divinecaskets.com/jewishcaskets.aspx

Punch The Clown
12-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Come on Stu , spill the beans.
Did you get a M1A Devine?? Without pics it aint nothin

I have to come clean. Yes, I really got a Devine rifle-sort of. Anyhow, the receiver self-destucted years ago and was replaced-although it is serial numbered the same as the original. I spoke to Elmer Ballance about the rifle on the phone and to him it is "no big deal". Obviously, it loses collectors value because of the receiver blow-up -the heel left-but according o Elmer the same foundry cast the replacement receiver so who cares? I like Elmer. Friendly guy. Anyway, Tony Giacobbe, Tim Shuffllin, my wife and kids were all involved in getting me this rifle as they knew I had been wanting it for a long time. The receiver deal does knock off quite a bit of the collectability, but the way I got it makes up for it in spades.

The rifle is a 1973 build, with a complete SA trigger group, bona-fide 1/2 moa NM sights, unitized gas cylinder, SA bolt that is polished in certain places-the bolt is also electro-penciled with the sn on the bottom with an "M" also penciled in, reamed flash hider, SAK NM marked barrel with a muzzle of less than 1/2 and a throat of -1/2-and of course the Devine Texas stamp, SAK op rod with the front 1/2 polished, a fat bedded stock with the selector cutouts filled. The SN is stamped into the stock channel and a set of initials that Mr Ballance identified as a military armorer that worked for him. Possibly the most interesting part of the rifle is this obviously home made op rod spring guide. You can see it was just turned on a lathe from a piece of stock, a groove cut into it, and a piece of steel brazed into the groove and then shaped into a mag catch. When I started to describe the part to Mr. Ballance he finished off the description for me, explaining that he couldn't get them at the time so he had to make his own. He also describe the untitized gas cylinder to a T, including the types of screws used. I just can't wait to shoot it.

axemurderer
12-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Stu let me know when you are going to the range, I would love to see it!

Mike

I have to come clean. Yes, I really got a Devine rifle-sort of. Anyhow, the receiver self-destucted years ago and was replaced-although it is serial numbered the same as the original. I spoke to Elmer Ballance about the rifle on the phone and to him it is "no big deal". Obviously, it loses collectors value because of the receiver blow-up -the heel left-but according o Elmer the same foundry cast the replacement receiver so who cares? I like Elmer. Friendly guy. Anyway, Tony Giacobbe, Tim Shuffllin, my wife and kids were all involved in getting me this rifle as they knew I had been wanting it for a long time. The receiver deal does knock off quite a bit of the collectability, but the way I got it makes up for it in spades.

The rifle is a 1973 build, with a complete SA trigger group, bona-fide 1/2 moa NM sights, unitized gas cylinder, SA bolt that is polished in certain places-the bolt is also electro-penciled with the sn on the bottom with an "M" also penciled in, reamed flash hider, SAK NM marked barrel with a muzzle of less than 1/2 and a throat of -1/2-and of course the Devine Texas stamp, SAK op rod with the front 1/2 polished, a fat bedded stock with the selector cutouts filled. The SN is stamped into the stock channel and a set of initials that Mr Ballance identified as a military armorer that worked for him. Possibly the most interesting part of the rifle is this obviously home made op rod spring guide. You can see it was just turned on a lathe from a piece of stock, a groove cut into it, and a piece of steel brazed into the groove and then shaped into a mag catch. When I started to describe the part to Mr. Ballance he finished off the description for me, explaining that he couldn't get them at the time so he had to make his own. He also describe the untitized gas cylinder to a T, including the types of screws used. I just can't wait to shoot it.

Orlando
12-26-2012, 05:32 PM
BS, no pics it didnt happen

Schriv
12-26-2012, 08:43 PM
You got one of these??

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/Ava_Devine_KV.jpg/450px-Ava_Devine_KV.jpg

buzzy
01-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Stu,
Saw one at the Maumee, Ohio gun show Saturday. They were asking $3500
Buzzy

cannonshooter
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Hey Stu,
Are you going to put it on a green form for the city? If you do you might be surprised to find out that the city wont accept the registration as M-14 and M1a's are banned by name by the Police Commish. Me personally I would just enjoy it and forget to put it on the green form.
Mack

ARDog
01-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Congrats!

Pictures please?

I have stuff to share, but don't want to post pics before the OP.

OK, this was a rescue that is a long story. Details later...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/brookschristopher/Four%20from%20Charlie/July2008WestnRifles740.jpg