PDA

View Full Version : explain something to me

seaninmich
12-30-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm seeing ARs and AKs being listed for, and SOLD for, crazy high dollars. WHY?

if these things get banned and become non transferable even upon death, then the price should be rock bottom. all these people that stocked up on guns as part of their retirement are about to get the butt rape of a lifetime, they should be unloading them for pennies on the dollar just to get SOMETHING.

There's a guy with an AK listed on cmp for $1500. I don't care who made it or when. I'll give you $250 or you can pay the government $200 a year until you die and then they can have it.

cuppednlocked
12-30-2012, 09:19 PM
If the NFA classification goes through and the tax stamp is levied it is a one time thing and I believe it can be transferred.

This, of course, is if the current NFA system remains in place.

What most people do not understand is that this ploy to classify "assault rifles" is a cover for gun registration. One of the comments made soon after Sandy Hook regarded "knowing" who owned these types of weapons...

The second step after registration is confiscation.

This is a good video on the subject (I have not read the bitch's proposed legislation so I am not sure how much truth there is about the fine details):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDglpt8hpyg

seaninmich
12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
If the NFA classification goes through and the tax stamp is levied it is a one time thing and I believe it can be transferred.

The legislation I have seen several times says that current firearms that are classified as "assault rifles" that are permitted to be kept will have the $200 tax and they cannot be transferred in any way. When the current owner dies, they become property of the government

M1orNone
12-31-2012, 02:49 AM
I appreciate capitalism as much as the next guy. Having said that, seeing a used AR that retails for ~$800 NIB going for $2450 just blows my mind. Saw that happen on gunbroker earlier today.

dpd3672
12-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Probably based on the consequences of the last AWB, if guns manufactured prior to the ban are grandfathered, the prices will go through the roof. Folks are stocking up on the assumption that a ban will pass, previously manufactured guns/magazines will be grandfathered, and they'll make a fortune.

No one really knows what, if any, new laws will pass. These are just panic buyers and speculators driving up prices.

Personally, I tend to shop for deals, and I assume that means Garands, Mausers, and revolvers will get less attention, so hopefully I can snag up a few bargains. I stocked up on AR stuff a couple years ago, I've got about a dozen stripped lowers from PSA for $59/each. With any luck, I can build a couple for myself, sell the others at an obscene profit if a ban passes, and subsidize this hobby a bit.

ordmm
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm seeing ARs and AKs being listed for, and SOLD for, crazy high dollars. WHY?

if these things get banned and become non transferable even upon death, then the price should be rock bottom. all these people that stocked up on guns as part of their retirement are about to get the butt rape of a lifetime, they should be unloading them for pennies on the dollar just to get SOMETHING.

There's a guy with an AK listed on cmp for $1500. I don't care who made it or when. I'll give you $250 or you can pay the government $200 a year until you die and then they can have it.

Probably because to some people what they bought will let them rest a little easier at night. Never know what they have going on.

Like these Koreans in LA back in the day during a riot. It's said the Koreans did'nt lose any stores to looters.

canes7
12-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Probably because to some people what they bought will let them rest a little easier at night. Never know what they have going on.

Like these Koreans in LA back in the day during a riot. It's said the Koreans did'nt lose any stores to looters.

If those were white men in your picture they'd be labeled as domestic terrorists and we'd have another Waco on our hands.

ordmm
12-31-2012, 12:36 PM
If those were white men in your picture they'd be labeled as domestic terrorists and we'd have another Waco on our hands.

Yeah maybe...but their stores did'nt burn. That's the point. If things get bad you'll get friendly with any like minded person to save your ass. Sometimes certain events can make us all brothers ---no matter what color God painted them.

canes7
12-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah maybe...but their stores did'nt burn. That's the point. If things get bad you'll get friendly with any like minded person to save your ass. Sometimes certain events can make us all brothers ---no matter what color God painted them.

Could not agree more.

cannonshooter
01-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Absolutely

ordmm
01-01-2013, 09:26 PM

REVISION....."any like minded person".....Maybe any Democrats at this point would be sacrified to the mob. Over the roof you go..."buddy".

flying2275
01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
REVISION....."any like minded person".....Maybe any Democrats at this point would be sacrified to the mob. Over the roof you go..."buddy".

Exactly. They don't see a "need" for these evil assault weapons so when the time comes to need them we wont need to help them.

cannonshooter
01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
How about using like minded demorats as human shields that way they will at least protect real Americans that believe in the Constitution.
Mack

flying2275
01-04-2013, 12:20 AM
How about using like minded demorats as human shields that way they will at least protect real Americans that believe in the Constitution.
Mack

At least they will finally be of use.