PDA

View Full Version : Nikko Golden Eagle M7000

jjones
05-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Does anyone here know anything about these rifles?
I just got one, and don't really know why the hell I bought it.

Thanks
Joe

mixmaster
05-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Depending on what you paid for it ,they are darn good rifles. They compare very well to the the high priced Brownings and Weatherbys and are very well made. The action is a modified Mauser as most bolt guns are and the stocks are usually very good looking and fitted. What caliber did you get it in? Most common I have seen are the 7mm Rem mag they are / were made in other common US calibers but I don't remember what calibers they offered. Again depending on the price and caliber you may have a real keeper. I would not throw it out. These were made in Japan and as Japan has made Weatherbys and Winchesters. The quality is comparable, cost though is the major factor . They don't resell in the price range of the others I mentioned .
I think you bought it because it is a very attractive and well built rifle!
Mix

jjones
05-20-2011, 11:25 PM
It is a nice rifle, but it is in 300 weatherby mag. I live in Texas, so I have no use for a rifle like that. The guy wanted to sell a pair of rifles, and to get the one I wanted, I had to buy both. I am hoping to sell it, and get another M1. If I shot a Texas deer with that, i wouldn't have much deer left

mixmaster
05-20-2011, 11:59 PM
I fully understand as I also live in Texas. I can not think of anything to shoot with it unless you are after feral hogs and don't care about the meat. The biggest caliber I use on West Texas deer is a 308 with a 125 gr bullet I have reloaded. Maybe you can find a buyer that can use that caliber. The rifle is great but the caliber is not of any use here in Texas. But it sure is a bragging piece! Yep hide an hair soup is not a really great meal. Kind of hard to make venison sausage with horns and hooves.
Mix