PDA

View Full Version : Front sight question

csacpt
01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
First post and been reading up on the Mini-G since I will be having Tim work his magic on a Blue Sky import I picked up at an extremely good price. Anyway, I know on the 18" barreled M-14 the front sight needs to be taller to compensate for the shorter sight radius. Sorry if I missed it but I haven't found anything addressing the issue for the Mini-G. Just trying to do my homework while waiting on my new stock. TIA

timshufflin
01-07-2013, 05:20 PM
It is hit and miss. If you have an issue, it is far easier to grind down the bottom of the rear sight aperture because I don't know anyone selling tall front sights right now.

csacpt
01-07-2013, 05:25 PM
It is hit and miss. If you have an issue, it is far easier to grind down the bottom of the rear sight aperture because I don't know anyone selling tall front sights right now.

OK, exactly where would I grind, if it needed to be done?

timshufflin
01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
The base of the aperture below the teeth. It is rare that it needs being done, maybe 1 in 30. I've often thought about pre grinding them all but someone, somewhere, would object.

csacpt
01-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Thanks, kinda thought so but wanted to be sure. I'll try not be too big a pest. LOL

Orlando
01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
I bought a tall front sight from Roland Beaver, dont remember what it cost