PDA

View Full Version : Your on record bet as to what if any gun control will occur

timshufflin
01-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Okay, I'm going to go on record here first with what I truly believe will happen for gun control in the next year.

1. Back ground checks for all weapons at all gun shows.
2. Magazine restriction to 10 rounds. (This is the one thing I think could maybe not happen)
3. I will have to put a security system in my shop ( I have no clue how this would have saved anyone in any of these shootings)
4. No importation of any semi auto rifles into this country.

I'm done.

Nothing else, that's all the infringements I see for this year.

REHRIFLE
01-11-2013, 11:03 AM
You need to rethink your first line. The phrase "gun show loophole" is misdirection. What would happen is that no gun could be transferred without going through an FFL with the proper paper work and background check completed and fees paid. Meaning I would no longer be able to simply give my son, nephews and friends firearms without government interference. Most of the firearms I own came from non-FFl sources.

Additionally, the government would now keep the paperwork on file forever resulting in a backdoor registration system. The ability to confiscate would now be in place.

REHRIFLE
01-11-2013, 11:05 AM
...and I am already on record as saying any new gun control will be by O's executive order.

Roadkingtrax
01-11-2013, 02:30 PM
At a minimum, the private sales are done. Dealer costs for xfer will now to go $50 because they can.
High Cap Mag Banned
ATF will increase funding, taxes will go up to support our freedoms.

Slight chance, that C&R may be modified or rolled into an 01 only.

At the state or local level, large quantities of ammunition say...+200 or 500 rounds will be outlawed and/or tracked.

OH...mass shootings will continue despite any laws proposed or adopted. Drug makers will continue to deflect any wrong doing, and lay blame on the medical malpractice...all while blaming gun owners.

canes7
01-11-2013, 02:34 PM
All of the above plus still no congresscritter will take a serious look into the drug industry and why they are causing these mass killings.

timshufflin
01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
You need to rethink your first line. The phrase "gun show loophole" is misdirection. What would happen is that no gun could be transferred without going through an FFL with the proper paper work and background check completed and fees paid. Meaning I would no longer be able to simply give my son, nephews and friends firearms without government interference. Most of the firearms I own came from non-FFl sources.

Additionally, the government would now keep the paperwork on file forever resulting in a backdoor registration system. The ability to confiscate would now be in place.

I don't need to re think my first line. I know full well that many want any transfer to require a nics check. I'm just betting that they'll only get nics done for everyone at gun shows only. Just my hunch.

timshufflin
01-11-2013, 08:35 PM
At a minimum, the private sales are done. Dealer costs for xfer will now to go $50 because they can.
High Cap Mag Banned
ATF will increase funding, taxes will go up to support our freedoms.

Slight chance, that C&R may be modified or rolled into an 01 only.

At the state or local level, large quantities of ammunition say...+200 or 500 rounds will be outlawed and/or tracked.

OH...mass shootings will continue despite any laws proposed or adopted. Drug makers will continue to deflect any wrong doing, and lay blame on the medical malpractice...all while blaming gun owners.

Specifically, how many rounds do you think a magazine will be able to hold?

rlelvis
01-12-2013, 08:36 AM
I can see a magazine ban 10 and possibly 5 rounds. For me the big question is what if anything will be grandfathered? How it is written, that’s where it might get interesting.

I would not be surprised to see NY move fast on this as a tolerance test bed for the fed.

Cavtanker
01-13-2013, 12:31 PM
+1 on all of the above.

I'm one of those 'Hope for the best, prepare for the worst' kind of guys. Since I know that 'the best' won't happen in this case....I'm totally expecting the worst. The powers that be continue to act on emotion, and will simply enact a bunch of new laws that will do nothing except to make themselves feel better. I'm expecting the '94 AWB's evil twin. The law-abiding citizens will continue to suffer, and the criminals will be given more freedom of maneuver.

Dstout
01-13-2013, 04:59 PM
1. No mags over 10 rounds....period
2. FFL only transfers for all gun sales and trades.
3. 4473's will now have to be copied for files and original sent in.

and last but not least, the NRA will come out of this much much weaker because of political peer pressure.

Just my .02 cents

cuppednlocked
01-13-2013, 07:17 PM
I see a mag restriction (10 rounds max),

I see all transfers going through an FFL (and their annual fees paid to the .gov increasing to further eliminate the number of licensees),

I also see a sunset provision like the 94 AWB (and "conservatives" will vote for it because it is not permanent),

AND I see a new tax on ammunition to pay for the BATF increases in manpower/enforcement.

seaninmich
01-13-2013, 09:07 PM
1. No mags over 10 rounds....period
2. FFL only transfers for all gun sales and trades.
3. 4473's will now have to be copied for files and original sent in.

Agree with you 100%

they will force all transfers through FFLs. This will create registration without calling it registration (we already know they keep the 4473 despite the fact it's illegal). This will gain them the support the FFLs because, much like the insurance companies and obutthole care, people will be forced to use their service - and they will increase the cost to do so considerably.

basically, we'll get the '94 ban PLUS the FFL thing above at the BARE MINIMUM.

Now, if dems can take control of the House (and I'm not sure there are enough repub seats even available) in the mid terms, then you should expect gun laws in line with Great Britain and Australia in 2014. Without a Congress to challenge, they will do it by executive order.

stratochief
01-13-2013, 09:24 PM
In order of likelyhood:

1. No more private-party transactions.
2. Reclassification of certain firearms as Destructive Devices.
3. Reporting of Make/Model/Serial number to the FBI during NICS check.

I don't foresee high-cap ban unless Barry can get it done through EO.

ordmm
01-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Probably will be a NIC check on ammo, or some type of round count limitation. Everybody pretty much covered the other items. I don't believe there will be any "sunset" provision to any of this. All these things will be agreed upon and those politicians who see constituant resistance will be allowed to protest and vote against it. But at the end of the day any new restrictions will pass. We'll have to put up with all the gloating coming from MSNBC and the other boneheads. Nothing will change as far as elimination of mayhem committed with a firearm. But, would imagine this will increas the revenue flow into Gov't via new fees and taxes. How FFL's will handle this I don't know. Amazing that the press who more than anyone else should know the implication of diluting the Constitution would not pull back on all the crap talk.

dpd3672
01-14-2013, 04:35 AM
I'm cautiously optimistic.

I don't think anything will pass the House, and If anything significant does make it through Congress, the Dems will get slaughtered in the midterms, and likely lose the Senate.

My real fear is an EO, and one more SCOTUS appointment to secure the EO as a legitimate source of new legislation.

flying2275
01-16-2013, 02:58 AM
This will gain them the support the FFLs because, much like the insurance companies and obutthole care, people will be forced to use their service - and they will increase the cost to do so considerably.

The Navy previously stationed me in California and the FFL's out there HATED doing transfers. All non C&R's had to go threw an FFL.

axemurderer
01-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Hey I am from NY. I think we got off easy! I thought we were going to have ACORN search squads going house to house. But I guess that will be needed later when they come for our dangerous sniper rifles. You know Winnie model 70s!!!!!

Mike