PDA

View Full Version : GCA Garand Video

Brinks352
01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
I just watched the GCA M1 Garand Video. It makes me want to order another one. But I must resist the temptation. I want the BM-59 first then an IHC. Well I suppose I will go and fondle the ones I have. I hope that will hold me over till then. Granditis at its best.

Punch The Clown
01-13-2013, 08:35 PM
They did a good job. I enjoyed it.

seaninmich
01-13-2013, 08:52 PM
They did a good job. I enjoyed it.

sell out!!!!!

Punch The Clown
01-13-2013, 09:02 PM
sell out!!!!!

Uh-Uh I,I,I wasn't finished. I meant to say "They did a good job-sucking up to the CMP". Yeah, that's it!

ordmm
01-14-2013, 12:25 AM
I just watched the GCA M1 Garand Video. It makes me want to order another one. But I must resist the temptation. I want the BM-59 first then an IHC. Well I suppose I will go and fondle the ones I have. I hope that will hold me over till then. Granditis at its best.

Do a BM59 NOW....There is no better time like the present. Book a build slot with Tim!

dpd3672
01-14-2013, 04:32 AM
I watched it and thought it was very well done, at the very least, it was comparable to any of the generic 1 hour documentaries I'd see on the History Channel.

I built an M1 for my father in law for Christmas, and included the video in a box of swag that went with it (some enblocs, a couple boxes of ammo, a copy of the Hatcher Garand book, and some odds and ends). I haven't heard from him if he watched it yet, I'd be interested in hearing what a non-collector thinks of it.

seaninmich
01-14-2013, 08:18 AM
I watched it and thought it was very well done, at the very least, it was comparable to any of the generic 1 hour documentaries I'd see on the History Channel.

I built an M1 for my father in law for Christmas, and included the video in a box of swag that went with it (some enblocs, a couple boxes of ammo, a copy of the Hatcher Garand book, and some odds and ends). I haven't heard from him if he watched it yet, I'd be interested in hearing what a non-collector thinks of it.

How did the christmas garand go? Did he love it?

seaninmich
01-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Oh, and did she say "yes"?

dpd3672
01-15-2013, 02:54 AM
I'm batting .500.

I think her dad would marry me today, haha, the Garand was a big hit.

She doesn't want to. Maybe a little farther down the road.

The silver lining is, returning the ring gives me a nice chunk of change, so I bought an IP carbine and I think I'm going to finally bite the bullet on a supressor.