View Full Version : M1 Center Mount Scopes?

Punch The Clown
05-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Any news on those mounts from Canada? Stu

rlelvis
05-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Yep, nothing yet.

Called last week, again, and got another "sorry for the delay, thought they would be done by now". I can tell you all about getting acceptable aluminum stock and how they have to go to anodizing and how they are laser engraved and the new receiver that was purchased to verify fit, etc, etc, etc. But I can't tell you I have seen one yet...

To be fair I have dealt with allot worse and this is a 'new' product for them, so I give the benefit of the doubt. And they did say they were making several on this run so if they are all they are supposed to be they will be available without a LONG wait.

I will be calling again later this week if I do not hear anything, maybe I will remember to post an update.

Stay tunned

rlelvis
06-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Just received this email picture on the mounts, should ship late June. Here it is hot of the mil.

Punch The Clown
06-06-2011, 07:52 AM
That is perfect. On top of it all it will work fine with a blind box conversion as well as a drop magazine. This item will be hot. Stu

rlelvis
06-06-2011, 08:07 AM
As long as it measures up to all the good I heard about them for the M14. You can bet that it will be installed and at the range the day it arrives.

He said they made 20 of them so if it works you can get it without the wait.

MH53GUNNER
06-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm very interested in seeing how this mount works out.

cuppednlocked
06-06-2011, 07:01 PM
How much are they asking?

rlelvis
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Update!!! Won't be long now. From an eamil I received.

"The M1 Garand mounts should be ready this Saturday.
Thanks for all of your patience.
I will have the mounts in shipping early next week.

Cheers,
-Frank"

Bob

Punch The Clown
06-23-2011, 05:38 PM
All the stresses on a mount should be right down the center. That is why M14 scope mounts have generally been problematic as are the M1D mounts. Looks like a winner.

Oh Mr. Wilson
06-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Frank,

Looks great and not all that high, a set of super low rings and a Ultra-Dot would be the ticket for my Mini-G. Do you have an idea what price range these will be in?

Thanks,
Guy

rlelvis
06-24-2011, 09:43 AM
I do not know what the price will be now that they have completed a run of them. Thus was a new product but I don't think it will be much different from the price I got. That said I don't want to speak for them but am betting around $140-150 +/-, same as the M14 mount.

Once these show I will post an update of fit, finish, function etc.

rlelvis
07-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I have not received them yet but here is an update. Pic of the mount.

Sure would be kick ass if it said something like Shuffs Battle Tested instead of M1 Garand .ca. Tim, he said he could make it happen.

garandtom
07-02-2011, 08:37 PM
I went to the website and it didnt show the mount for garand. Did I miss it?

rlelvis
07-02-2011, 08:42 PM
This is a new item and I don't think it is listed yet. I belive it is going to be on a new site/link m1garand.ca like on the mount itself. I did a search and got nothing. So far they have been good with respnding to email so you could give that a try. Of course in a few days I will have a report on it, good/bad, IMHO.

cannonshooter
07-03-2011, 08:00 AM
what is the website? looks like its a good mount.
mack

rlelvis
07-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Thought I had posted this link already but appears not. http://www.m14.ca/ I believe you will have to call since I don't see it listed yet.

paid4c4
08-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Has anyone received one yet? They are listed as available and are listed for M1 Garands.
I also see they will have a new stock next month. ""M14/M1A Blackfeather®" rifle stock prototype. From that meeting it was agreed that a new prototype would be machined in 7075 aluminum in September 2011. We are looking forward to reporting further as testing begins in the Fall."
Bill

rlelvis
08-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Has anyone received one yet? They are listed as available and are listed for M1 Garands.
I also see they will have a new stock next month. ""M14/M1A Blackfeather®" rifle stock prototype. From that meeting it was agreed that a new prototype would be machined in 7075 aluminum in September 2011. We are looking forward to reporting further as testing begins in the Fall."
Bill

Yes received and played with a bit. Been to busy to get back to it after that.
IMHO it is as good a mount as can be. It is solid if installed per instructions and I was getting decent groups. Now I do not have and can't compare it to any other M1 or other no tap mounts. The biggest problem is the height, cheek weld. Solved this with two old down pillows and a roll of duct tape. But seriously so far I have installed it on two separate M1's and it held and returned to zero after removal. I still need to try a lower set of rings and a second scope. I tried using some Kydex under the front to eliminate the chance of marring but the first attempt was a bust, to thick. I need to work it down and try again or just ditch the idea. Of course I did no notice any finish damage on the two I tried it on.
I really don't think you could go wrong with this for a center mounted M1 Garand mount, as long as you are prepared to raise the comb one way or another.

PM sent

Punch The Clown
08-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Elvis, low rings are in order no doubt. The scope height is the same as that on a scoped M14, so the cheek pad from that rifle should give you the perfect height. Stu

rlelvis
08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Stu Agree should work, I hope. Just been so busy I have not really had time to dink with it any more. Besides I bought it to put on a Mini G I that I have not gotten to yet. Well, one day.

BTW clear out you PM's, your full.

Punch The Clown
08-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Stu Agree should work, I hope. Just been so busy I have not really had time to dink with it any more. Besides I bought it to put on a Mini G I that I have not gotten to yet. Well, one day.

BTW clear out you PM's, your full.

I cleaned up the PM's a bit. Stu

VitSports6
02-17-2012, 11:58 PM
Any update on this? Any first hand usage?
Thanks

VitSports6
02-17-2012, 11:59 PM
I need to search more...
I found it, Nothing to see, Move along.