PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 3 Servicable Garand gas cylinders.

axemurderer
01-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi Guys

I am held captive in NY! I need 3 servicable gas cylinders to hack the bayonet lug off of. I understand if you don't sell me any as the idea is sinfull at best. But I have already removed the Nigerian stock from my mag G so it is no longer an "assault weapon" It has no bayonet lug. So Help a brother out. I ain't looking for no collector pieces. They just need to work!!!!!!!! Let me know...

Mike

timshufflin
01-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Axe, I have what you need, give me a call and I'll hook you up. 517-896-0523

axemurderer
01-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Will do. Thanks mister Tim!!!!!!! But I will wait till Tuesday, so I can call on Gubmint time.

Mike

Axe, I have what you need, give me a call and I'll hook you up. 517-896-0523

LEAD POISON
01-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Whaaat did he say????? Shame on you.

cuppednlocked
01-20-2013, 01:58 PM
I think I have one. Not sure if it is serviceable or not. Sounds like grand master Tim has you covered though.

Jimbo Slice
01-20-2013, 02:07 PM
I have one I will trade for an early SA gas cylinder.

You can find pictures of the abomination here:http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/showthread.php?3109-Feed-problems

dogboysdad
01-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Can I have your Nigerian stock??

Punch The Clown
01-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Don't start hack sawing yet. You have a year to comply. If it is like a Mini-G, not equipped with a "Removable Magazine", you're good to go.

axemurderer
01-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Stu

Not true here in NYC. I have already been scolded by you know who. I am not getting rid of the good ones. just making my shooting a little easier at colonial. But that may not be to much longer, I heard that the city is looking to build a school right next door!

Mike

Don't start hack sawing yet. You have a year to comply. If it is like a Mini-G, not equipped with a "Removable Magazine", you're good to go.

The Garand Guy
01-20-2013, 10:01 PM
If you get your gas cylinders, I will grind off the lugs & blue them for you freebies! Tony Giacobbe, The Garand Guy

Shug
01-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Even w/o a bayo lug, doesn't the threaded barrel still make it a "bad" gun? Down here in Maryland we're under threat of similar legislation being introduced, so we're watching closely how NY interprets their poorly written statute. About the only thing unambiguous about that law is its obvious intent to give an "NY salute" to law abiding gun owners.

timshufflin
01-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Even w/o a bayo lug, doesn't the threaded barrel still make it a "bad" gun? Down here in Maryland we're under threat of similar legislation being introduced, so we're watching closely how NY interprets their poorly written statute. About the only thing unambiguous about that law is its obvious intent to give an "NY salute" to law abiding gun owners.

The threaded muzzle thing is just poor law because;
- How far can the threading be from the muzzle?
- If there's no measurement, just about every rifle is illegal because most all of them thread into the receiver.
- If there's a requirement as to what the threading is needed for, it needs to be stated. This would clear up rifles like the M1a, Garand...

Shug
01-21-2013, 09:49 AM
If NY and other states who are copying them (MA & possibly MD) don't fix the ambiguity, is there an engineering fix to be compliant? For example, a non-threaded barrel with a shallow milled slot where the threads would be, and a drilled hole in the GCL that takes a roll pin to fix the GCL in place? You could lathe off the threads from the barrel, and put an insert in the GCL that mates with the GCL threads and presents a smooth, precise fit inner surface to OD of the barrel.

The context of the threaded barrel language strongly implies it is referring to threading at the muzzle end that can be used to add attachments, not to the receiver-barrel attachment. Of course, a judge is under no obligation to agree with my interpretation.

I'm confident the worst parts of these laws won't stand up to judicial scrutiny based on the Heller decision (how common are Garands, and AR clones, & AK variants?), someone gets to be a test case. The backers of these laws are betting most owners don't want to take that risk.

timshufflin
01-21-2013, 10:06 AM
If NY and other states who are copying them (MA & possibly MD) don't fix the ambiguity, is there an engineering fix to be compliant? For example, a non-threaded barrel with a shallow milled slot where the threads would be, and a drilled hole in the GCL that takes a roll pin to fix the GCL in place? You could lathe off the threads from the barrel, and put an insert in the GCL that mates with the GCL threads and presents a smooth, precise fit inner surface to OD of the barrel.

I'm confident the worst parts of these laws won't stand up to judicial scrutiny based on the Heller decision (how common are Garands, and AR clones, & AK variants?), someone gets to be a test case. The backers of these laws are betting most owners don't want to take that risk.

I'm not at all confident. These jackwagons don't even know what the words "shall not be infringed" means.

seaninmich
01-21-2013, 10:54 AM
The threaded muzzle thing is just poor law because;
- How far can the threading be from the muzzle?
- If there's no measurement, just about every rifle is illegal because most all of them thread into the receiver.
- If there's a requirement as to what the threading is needed for, it needs to be stated. This would clear up rifles like the M1a, Garand...

According to the NY law, the threaded barrel issue is for a barrel threaded to accept a muzzle break - the garand applies.

The Garand Guy
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
According to the New Jersey written law, any muzzle that was originally threaded to accept a flash hider is one of the items on the forbidden list. The Garand is exempt from this provision. If any other firearm has a threaded muzzle & flash hider, you can machine off the threads, & put on a fake flash hider, or muzzle break.

axemurderer
01-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Hey the gas trap ain't got no barrel threads does it?????

axemurderer
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
And I did call on gubmint time HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

mIKE

The Garand Guy
01-22-2013, 07:59 PM
The gas trap barrels have threads. The gas cylinder screws on, & the sight blade holds it in place. It was a very inefficient system.

axemurderer
01-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Thank you Mister Tim. I have only one question WHAT IS THAT SMELL!!!!!!!!

Mike

timshufflin
01-25-2013, 10:59 PM
It is love, I guess.