PDA

View Full Version : Selling Rifles

Roadkingtrax
01-22-2013, 11:59 PM
I don't know why, but it really seems to bum me out that parting out rifles is the only way to protect an investment.

Perhaps the current climate (CMP light on service grades) would make a difference? Certainly a lot easier to sell a whole assembly.

seaninmich
01-23-2013, 12:29 AM
I've got an all original 4.66 HRA that I'm about to part out. How's that for terrible?

Roadkingtrax
01-23-2013, 12:39 AM
I've got an all original 4.66 HRA that I'm about to part out. How's that for terrible?

It is an interesting subject for me. Collecting by its nature is certainly some sort of mental illness (OCD?). Perhaps enough to get people from owning them one day....but I I digress.

Every 6 months or so, I feel compelled to expunge some of my collection...the hoarding gets in the way. Even harder is the prospect of dismantling a rifle to sell it to either recoup an investment or just the hassle of marketing and shipping each part.

I can identify with each rifle, tell you why and what is interesting about it. To a normal gun owner, its just an M1 or 1903. Maybe these thoughts are unique to me...I don't know.

Eli
01-23-2013, 01:32 AM
I am inentionally not a collector. If I had money, I'd have Tim build me 2 M14 mag conversion to my custom spec, then hoard magazines, ammo, and junk silver.

Eli

Orlando
01-23-2013, 06:39 AM
I have no trouble selling a common Garand for $825-$850 and I'm in Ohio, go figure?

axemurderer
01-23-2013, 07:51 AM
I already do most of that. But I only have one mag G.

mike

I am inentionally not a collector. If I had money, I'd have Tim build me 2 M14 mag conversion to my custom spec, then hoard magazines, ammo, and junk silver.

Eli

13Fox
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I can identify with each rifle, tell you why and what is interesting about it. To a normal gun owner, its just an M1 or 1903. Maybe these thoughts are unique to me...I don't know.

While you are unique, the thoughts mentioned in the quote are not...