PDA

View Full Version : Barrels and bolts have dried up!

Prince Humperdink
01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Has anyone seen any used 20"barrels and bolts lying around?

deputy85
01-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Prince they are right by the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, good luck

cuppednlocked
01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
I know where complete BCG's were for sale at $150 + shipping. I only used the company to build a FAL so I can't say if the parts are good. My experience was positive though.

(They were for sale last I checked). ETA: shows in stock

PM me and I'll give you the site.

cwcdl79
01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
What kind of 20"? a2, a1?

Prince Humperdink
01-25-2013, 12:50 PM
What kind of 20"? a2, a1?

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know the difference between barrels,as I'm new to AR's.I am using the triangle handguards,and an A1 advertised upper receiver.My parts will be mostly USGI.

GBMaryland
03-04-2013, 07:34 AM
I found one on EBay... but is wasn't USGI or normal HBAR 20 inch, but a HBAR style barrel that was fluted up to the .750 area for the gas port, and then after the gas port.

Match barrel, a little funky, but since most of the fluting will be under the hand guards, it should be fine.

There were others...

Prince Humperdink
03-04-2013, 12:38 PM
I found one on EBay... but is wasn't USGI or normal HBAR 20 inch, but a HBAR style barrel that was fluted up to the .750 area for the gas port, and then after the gas port.

Match barrel, a little funky, but since most of the fluting will be under the hand guards, it should be fine.

There were others...

Thanks,
I ended up ordering a pencil profile A1 barrel assembly from Del Ton,and I ngot it in about a week..THEN,I found an FN A2 barrel assembly,and an FN A2 upper w/sight. :)

MH53GUNNER
03-05-2013, 10:37 PM
I was told by a FFL friend that everyone seems to have the same issues finding parts like the bolt carrier group and even the extractor. Things are crazy I have two receivers that I would like to build out and cannot find all the parts. I'm in no hurry as Md may cause me to move some rifles out of state.

GBMaryland
03-06-2013, 08:39 AM
MH53Gunner:

I have a spare BCG if you are a Marylander. Brand new... Stag... Matte chrome...

PM me if you need it.

GB

deputy85
05-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Prince i found these on one of the facebook subforums NW missouri gun trader, guy didnt post a price yet he will have to or the mod will pull his add
F Knott IIINW MISSOURI GUNS AND AMMO TRADE AND SELL

More finds from the crypts...2 used M-16/AR-15 barrels. No visible damage, bores look good, threads clean. I do not know the history of these, and there are no markings other than "C MP C". If you don't like the listed price, inform me in a business like manner, based on facts, as I have priced them at less than half of new prices I found on the 'net. Located near Lake Ozark, prefer FTF, but will ship on your dime. Post dissapeared must have sold them real fast or the mod pulled it

Prince Humperdink
05-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks Mike,I finished that AR and another upper. I'm done with them ;)