PDA

View Full Version : M1 garand and carbines are exempt from the gun ban!

garandtom
01-27-2013, 04:26 PM
If you scroll to page 23 it says these rifles are exempt!!

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=9a9270d5-ce4d-49fb-9b2f-69e69f517fb4

timshufflin
01-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Not good news

deputy85
01-27-2013, 04:34 PM
sure throw the people a bone, gets them complacent/whew my guns are ok/ then up the ante a little at atime till the gun folk say?whare did my rights go? Baby steps, small bits at a time, they hate you and your guns, they just play nice to sate you for a while, and since when is having your 2nd amendment rights to be considered a win? They should not be threatened or challenged in any way,

canes7
01-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Why does everyone think "The Ban" is going into effect? It's like as soon as Sandy Hook hit the news everyone rolled over and asked to get kicked in the balls! I can't stand this defeatist attitude. If we get "The Ban" I will blame everyone who sat back and invited them to do so.

timshufflin
01-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Why does everyone think "The Ban" is going into effect? It's like as soon as Sandy Hook hit the news everyone rolled over and asked to get kicked in the balls! I can't stand this defeatist attitude. If we get "The Ban" I will blame everyone who sat back and invited them to do so.

Point well taken, I'm already on record to what I believe will happen. I don't think it will happen because I didn't do my part but because congress is full of traitors. I also do not like that ANY rifle or pistol is on the "safe" list. I want every one of us in the same damn boat so that the hate and vitriol for these charlatans is at its maximum.

themeowman
01-27-2013, 06:51 PM
We ALL need to write more letters than we ever have before. We also need to help the NRA as much as we can.
They are our biggest ally. Talk to all you know. The media pushes all the anti gun rallies & ignores all the pro gun
rallies. Don't let them get away with it!
Tom

canes7
01-27-2013, 07:03 PM
We ALL need to write more letters than we ever have before. We also need to help the NRA as much as we can.
They are our biggest ally. Talk to all you know. The media pushes all the anti gun rallies & ignores all the pro gun
rallies. Don't let them get away with it!
Tom

All this and stop talking about how we expect this or that to be banned, because we dont! We expect the .gov to do thier jobs and find a real soloution.

timshufflin
01-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Honestly, you know what I would do to stop this from happening ever again? Not a damn thing. Guns are protected under the 2nd and by the supremacy clause. It is up to the states to fund the schools for security.

To sum up, at the federal level, nothing. Not one law, not even a dollar.
At the state level, maybe security if your local/state can afford it.

awpk03s
01-27-2013, 08:38 PM
I have written and called my state legislators and national representatives and senators multiple times over the past month. I can only hope that it will do some good, but for now it appears they are following a party line on it. GOP reps at State (OH) and National level have confirmed to me in writing and via telephone that they support no additional laws or regulations of any kind. Meanwhile, my Democratic Senator Sherrod Brown lied out of both sides of his mouth saying he supports the 2A, but also supports the 'common sense' legislation that Feinstein and Obama are pursuing.

There remains a very sad, but growing trend of no sense of accountability or morality in America. I have made it clear to my elected officials I will hold them accountable on this issue, and talked my face off to anyone who will listen with more of the same.

timshufflin
01-27-2013, 09:22 PM
I just sent out 5 more letters. My letters simply say, if you vote for the federal proposals to infringe on my 2nd Amendment rights, neither you or your party will get my vote in the next election.

I could give two shits if they understand me, feel I have a good case, or if they know who I am. I am simply telling them I'm voting for anyone but them next time around if they cross me.

KnickKnack
01-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Just because they are not banned this time, don't think that they won't be next time. They were not banned here in New York either until 2 weeks ago. OK, technically they are still not "banned", but they have to be modified or registered. There is still some question about whether or not we can legally purchase more going forward.

One of the local gun organizations had posted a notice about the rally in Albany to oppose the gun law change. One of their members commented that he didn't understand what all the fuss was about, that none of his guns were affected by the law. That is the kind of thinking that has already lost the battle.