PDA

View Full Version : New Mini-G Teaser

awpk03s
01-27-2013, 08:50 PM
As posted in another thread, I have just recently received my new Mini-G from Tim. In the upcoming weeks, I will be taking it out to shoot, and will be providing much more detailed analysis and photographs to show off this masterpiece. For now, I wanted to showcase a teaser pic of the rifle. I hope you all like it.

This rifle began as a CMP barreled receiver (1.08M SA receiver, 11-54 SA new barrel, new SA bolt). Tim finished it off with all remaining SA parts. The rifle is wearing a Dupage Nutmeg Laminate stock, that I really like. I added a Smith Enterprises Tritium Strip front sight - which I also really like.

It's pictured with a Viking Tactics VTAC sling, but I may opt to swap that out for my El Paso Saddlery 1907 leather sling when it arrives.

To speak of it shortly, it's great. I can't wait to shoot it, and provide some better words and pictures of Tim's craftsmanship when I have more time.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/mba656/guns/photo.jpg

REHRIFLE
01-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Good looking rifle.

timshufflin
01-27-2013, 09:25 PM
You could probably sell it really quick to someone in new york. Cut the bayo lug off and make someone happy :)

seaninmich
01-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Funny, I really don't care for a full size garand in a lam stock, but for some reason the Mini-Gs just look badazz in lammy stocks.

awpk03s
01-27-2013, 09:46 PM
You could probably sell it really quick to someone in new york. Cut the bayo lug off and make someone happy :)

Never! This rifle is going to be one of my most prized possessions and never leave my employ for any price. I have lusted after this for a LONG time, it's mine, all mine :)

Eli
01-28-2013, 03:30 AM
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/mba656/guns/photo.jpg

Mmm, nutmeg!

Eli

REHRIFLE
01-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Funny, I really don't care for a full size garand in a lam stock, but for some reason the Mini-Gs just look badazz in lammy stocks.

I am not a fan of laminated stocks (or plastic stocks for that matter), but the lams do look great on the Mini-Gs.

awpk03s
01-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys. I will agree, the laminate stocks do not impress me on full Garands, but I love them on Mini-Gs. I felt since my Mini-G was already a departure from the traditional full size Garand and its' beautiful walnut stock, I could make some transgressions with a more modern stock, and I'm super happy with how it turned out. It's not as fat as I was expecting, and it really fits quite well with some refinement.