PDA

View Full Version : What happens when a member of the Wehrmacht gets called out?

timshufflin
01-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Well, what do you think happens?

http://youtu.be/RCC-rEx81PE

Zwara
01-28-2013, 11:02 PM
amazing. this blows my mind...

cuppednlocked
01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
I wonder what kind of enforcement powers are granted to the "royalty" when out of their own state?

Would it have been illegal would it have been to not show ID since the NYPD officer was out of the city/state? Isn't there a law regarding showing ID to LEO? I always thought you had to when asked?

Orlando
01-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Show a ID for what? No crime was commited

cuppednlocked
01-30-2013, 02:41 PM
To establish identity. I am under the impression you "don't have to" but that opens yourself to be detained until proper identification can be made.

csacpt
01-30-2013, 02:51 PM
To establish identity. I am under the impression you "don't have to" but that opens yourself to be detained until proper identification can be made.

Yes, and the "officer" is also subject to same requirement, though they do not like to admit it.

cuppednlocked
01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
That's what I thought.

KnickKnack
01-31-2013, 08:45 AM
A New York City police officer has no jurisdiction outside of New York City, unless he specifically detailed to another jurisdiction by a written agreement between his Chief of Police and the Chief of Police of the other jurisdiction. A security detail for the Mayor of New York City outside of the City probably would not qualify for that kind of agreement and the officer would have no right to stop, detain, and ask for ID from a citizen not immediately fleeing from a crime. Good for this reporter for knowing his Rights and standing his ground.

What makes me laugh is that the security detail allows this man close enough to shake hands, THEN picket fense's him away. If he was a threat, it would have a been a little too late then.

buzzy
01-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Germany 1938

MH53GUNNER
02-01-2013, 05:57 PM
A New York City police officer has no jurisdiction outside of New York City, unless he specifically detailed to another jurisdiction by a written agreement between his Chief of Police and the Chief of Police of the other jurisdiction. A security detail for the Mayor of New York City outside of the City probably would not qualify for that kind of agreement and the officer would have no right to stop, detain, and ask for ID from a citizen not immediately fleeing from a crime. Good for this reporter for knowing his Rights and standing his ground.

What makes me laugh is that the security detail allows this man close enough to shake hands, THEN picket fense's him away. If he was a threat, it would have a been a little too late then.

Exactly. Bloomterd often sends his goons to out of state gun shows to make stray purchases. He has been advised to stay of of Va, but they just continue. No crime was committed here and the NYPD can ask all day for ID. Just ask if you are being detained and for what reason.