PDA

View Full Version : Get me into a Mini-G!

thunderpig
02-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Hey there gents...

Lurker, long time "Scout Garand" dreamer and fan of the Mini-G. 1st post...and I am going to ask for a little help.

Assuming I am starting from zero, what is the most cost-effective way to get myself into a .30-06 Mini-G? What have you all used for donor rifles? Did you buy complete from Shuff's?

All stories, opinions, elbows and advice accepted.

Thunderpig

tljames
02-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Thunder, Welcome!

Unless you have a M1 laying around for conversion, I'd think a CMP Field Grade would be the "low cost" way (if there is a low cost way) of getting a Mini G

timshufflin
02-03-2013, 12:00 AM
I would go field grade and get a new stock at the same time.

Orlando
02-03-2013, 07:17 AM
I agree get the FG, and new wood. If the stock on the FG happens to be serviceable you can always sell it to recoup some $$
Welcome to the forum

thunderpig
02-03-2013, 11:52 AM
The FG CMP rifle is where I was thinking to head myself. With respect to the wood...I'd like a laminate stock. Is the Dupage Trading Co Nutmeg the way to go on that? I've looked at Wenig, Law483, etc.

Orlando
02-03-2013, 12:28 PM
I think Dupage would probably be the most economical

Zwara
02-03-2013, 02:44 PM
dude, been here a couple weeks, after being here, i dont need any coercing to get one, its just plain gonna happen... no questions. watch the vids, check it out, you know its gonna be amazing.

awpk03s
02-03-2013, 08:28 PM
The FG CMP rifle is where I was thinking to head myself. With respect to the wood...I'd like a laminate stock. Is the Dupage Trading Co Nutmeg the way to go on that? I've looked at Wenig, Law483, etc.

I really like my Dupage laminate stock.

Mike
02-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Hi, this is what I'm doing. I'm waiting on a H&R FG from the CMP. I haven't recieved a DBU e-mail yet. The CMP is still working on the mail orders from the 1st week in January. I was going to ship the rifle direct to Tim but decided to get it first so I can see what I get.I opted for a H&G hoping to get a "newer" rifle. I'm also thinking of a DuPage laminated stock. Will see how this plays out, Regards, mike