PDA

View Full Version : New to me Garand

DTOM
02-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Hello,

My first post. I just bought a Garand in kit form, the receiver was made Oct. 42 if I'm reading the born on dates right. I was referred here to have the barrels swapped. My question is: considering it's already apart, needs the barrels swapped, I'm considering the CMP special, re-parkerize and get the trigger done. Any testimonials on the trigger work ? To me the barrel swap & re-parkerize is a no brainer.

Thanks,

Keith

jak
02-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Welcome DTOM, Yes, get the trigger work done. You should like the trigger pull on your garand after Tim works on it.

Jim Oliver
02-19-2013, 10:00 AM
I had Mr. Shufflin replace my shot out VAR bbl. with a new Krieger bbl. and repark my old SA Garand a year or three ago. If I had another such job to have done, I would look no further than Tim. Great work, very reasonable prices and very good turn-a-round time.

Jim

PS: Tim, now I get a discount on the next job, right???:D

toolman
02-19-2013, 04:36 PM
I have several garands!! And the beloved shuff has touched everyone of them with his loving hands...... There is none better then timmy poo!! My two cents...

Oh by the way welcome to the fourms!!

Orlando
02-19-2013, 05:51 PM
After the trigger job you wont be able to shoot another Garand without the same work done to it

batman 82
02-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Tim has done 4 Garands for me they shoot and look great.