PDA

View Full Version : Not CMP...more Raven fun...

Roadkingtrax
02-19-2013, 02:47 PM
http://m14forum.com/gun-rights/133541-armalite-s-response-new-ny-gun-laws.html

This guy is as bad as Amsdork...

canes7
02-19-2013, 04:43 PM
This boycott/buycott business is getting out of control. Pretty soon there wil be so much non-info out there no one will know what the truth is.

timshufflin
02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
I don't know canes, is the boycott thing getting out of control? I can imagine a scenario where NO gun manufacturer in this country will sell ANY firearm to any federal, state, or local local agency any firearm that the governing body in that local will not allow for its citizens. If I've ever seen a place where a "union mentality" might be helpful, it may be for this cause. I doubt the NRA would be helpful in this endeavor as they seem strongly in the pockets of gun manufacturers and may not be willing to propose anything to piss them off.

timshufflin
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
By the way, if that's the same "the raven" as on the CMP, I don't believe him for even a minute.

canes7
02-20-2013, 09:15 AM
If the manufacturers think for one second that these actions are going to change the minds of these governments they are crazy. The whole reason we are even discussing gun control is because governements are not willing to think logically or act responsibly. So what's it to the state of NY if they can't buy an AR? They'll just buy from the feds, no problem.

I appreciate their attempt at supporting the citizen. What I see happening though is that, for many reasons, this buying frenzy will end and that will leave these manufacturers with less customers. No .gov sales further lessens the customer base. Already buyers are spending years worth of gun budgets just in a couple months leaving them with little or nothing to spend in the future, removing more from the customer base.

Hopefully these guys factored all this in.