PDA

View Full Version : Mini g sighting options

MajorD
02-24-2013, 10:57 PM
After the dust settles here in ny and I get the chance to road trip to cmp in the hopes of picking up a couple more garands ( planning one one being the donor gun for a 308 mini) I would like to know what you might suggest for optic set ups. From what I have read here shuff prefers the ultimak. What optics ( if any?) will allow use of irons without removing optic if it were to go down? Even in Afghanistan I never had my red dot die but always want to have a plan b if it does. I am particularly interested in the micro size leupold delta docter Burris fast fire and trijicon rmr.
Will any of these do the trick? Also saw a thread about a mount that replaces the rear sight any further info and opinion?
Thanks for any feed back

timshufflin
02-25-2013, 01:56 AM
The Ultimak allows for rear sights to be used with a read dot thus having a "plan B". I don't know of any other Plan B set ups.

Punch The Clown
02-25-2013, 08:15 AM
I only own a couple of scoped rifles. I have Burris quick release rings on them. The scope mounts and dismounts in a second w/o tools.
http://www.m14.ca/ makes a really beefy scope mount. Several of the members have them. The problem is it's a center mount scope, so either you use a mag fed "G", a BM59 conversion, or a Holbrook device and load the mag from the top, same as a bolt gun.

The Ultimak with a pistol scope on quick release rings will work fine. Gets too dark just ditch the scope.

Next option is red dot mounted on an adapter that replaces the rear sight.

Soooo, pick your poison.

axemurderer
02-25-2013, 09:30 AM
MajorD

I have an Amega ranges rail on my MiniG, A Leupold m8 Scout rifle scope with Warn QD rings. I agree with Punch The Clown, Just remove the scope if necessary.

Mike

LEAD POISON
02-25-2013, 09:36 AM
I have a S&K mount on the nigerian stocked Mini G .It sits inside the rear sight ears,the scope sits to the left.
It has a rear open sight also.You have to use a cheek pad. I like it.
I have a ultimak on the folding stock with a chinese EOTECH red/green dot on it,havn't fired this one yet.

Punch The Clown
02-25-2013, 10:05 AM
MajorD

I have an Amega ranges rail on my MiniG, A Leupold m8 Scout rifle scope with Warn QD rings. I agree with Punch The Clown, Just remove the scope if necessary.

Mike

You spare no expense! Warne rings are probably about the best around.

axemurderer
02-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Stu

I recieved a set with a used scope I purchased, and fell in love with them. I would not retro fit all my guns with then, but a new rifle will only get these!!!

Mike

You spare no expense! Warne rings are probably about the best around.