View Full Version : CMP expects Tractor Rifles?

mike9905
02-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Garands are supposed to be coming from Turkey, including International Harvester. Opinions all over regarding condition.

Eli
02-26-2013, 12:09 AM
If they're coming from Turkey and they're anything like the G-1 FN FALs from years ago they might be useful for parts!

Eli

Orlando
02-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Maybe thats where all the parts came from that CMP is going to start selling???

Mike
02-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Hi, the Garand Collectors Association,Spring Journal, has an article on them. We'll see what they say, Regards, Mike

mike9905
04-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Just read the GCA article. Looks like the Turkish Garands are pretty rough.

Roadkingtrax
04-03-2013, 11:50 PM
I thought the Turkey M1's looked like DogSh*t. The CMP sold off the South American rifles and parts that looked like this.

Punch The Clown
04-04-2013, 12:39 AM
If they're coming from Turkey and they're anything like the G-1 FN FALs from years ago they might be useful for parts!
Eli

The Turks don't care for their weapons well if those FAL's were any indication.

MH53GUNNER
04-10-2013, 08:25 PM
I think the price will be very high now that Orest has whipped the masses into a IHC feeding frenzy. I have never seen the rifles and can only imagine that the rifles are in poor condition compared to the Greek returns.

Roadkingtrax
04-10-2013, 08:48 PM
I think the price will be very high now that Orest has whipped the masses into a IHC feeding frenzy. I have never seen the rifles and can only imagine that the rifles are in poor condition compared to the Greek returns.

They will never be as nice as the Greek Returns. I wonder if they have sold most of the Greek Air Force inventory from the sorting event.

Those rifles were the only way I could ever afford a near new M1. A similar rifle on the open market would have gone for a lot more years before.

checkmate19
04-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Roadking , was it one sorting event, in 09 or 10? I received a mail order 5.8 that is consecutive to one that is in the GCA from one of the sorting events. The rifle in the article was purchased by someone at the event. Mine is a beauty and like new and pretty much correct. They were very nice rifles I purchased several.

Roadkingtrax
04-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Roadking , was it one sorting event, in 09 or 10? I received a mail order 5.8 that is consecutive to one that is in the GCA from one of the sorting events. The rifle in the article was purchased by someone at the event. Mine is a beauty and like new and pretty much correct. They were very nice rifles I purchased several.

2009 I think? I was not, nor ever been to a GCA event.

However, there still remains pictures and details of the sorting.

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?6137-Greek-airforce-M1-s

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1776

checkmate19
04-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Thanks Roadking, good info. The funny thing I just glanced some of it and its about the limits set aside for gca members at the sorting and Orlando speaking up LOL , go Bill I agree. One said Orest said its like guys fishing where the fish are, but the guys fishing where the fish are still have a limit. I drank the kool aid for some time and never imagined volunteers swapping parts till the offer come my way. I declined , kinda takes the luck out of luck of the draw. Do not get me wrong I think I received one or two rifles that I was only ok with the rest well exceeded my hopes.

ordmm
04-11-2013, 04:10 PM

Eyeball the prices on the ones on the CMP auction site. I know they are probably not the Turk rifles, but just figure them in to establish price point.

Roadkingtrax
04-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Eyeball the prices on the ones on the CMP auction site. I know they are probably not the Turk rifles, but just figure them in to establish price point.

I'm sure there is a reason they won't be identified as Turk returns. It will bring more money at auction for sure.