PDA

View Full Version : North Store

axemurderer
03-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Hello All,

I am thinking about heading out to good old Fairborn OH over the spring To see the USAF museum

again. My question is would it be worth a side trip to the north store with all the crazyness going on now

at the CMP? I have never been there, and there has to be something worth buying. So what do ya

think? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!

Mike

seaninmich
03-06-2013, 05:29 PM
We were there in january and there was pretty much nothing worth buying. It has only gotten worse sinse then.

Unless you want a special or a barreled receiver, save the gas

jak
03-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Gunner was just there.

http://forum.shuffsparkerizing.com/showthread.php?3984-North-Store-pics

Personally I would wait for a couple of months. CMP should have the store stocked for the National Matches in July.

MH53GUNNER
03-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Pretty slim pickings. Just about the only rifles left are the CMP rebuilds. In my opinion now would not be the best time to visit. There were several real nice looking SA rifles that were Greek returns with almost a collector finish that have CMP replacement wood. Many of these rifles have seen rough shipping and have large stock gouges from the op rod beating against the stock.

The CMP has filled the racks with many junk barrels that would normally be in trash cans for display. One entire rack is now full of Navy 7.62 receivers. The cost is high for what you get. The bores and crowns looked real bad on the several I looked at.

I agree that the CMP usually sends truck loads of rifles to the North store just prior to the National Matches. I expect to see Field and Service grades back at the North store. Just a guess on my part. No real sound information since the CMP is still dealing with over 7000+ rifle orders.

53M1Grnd
03-07-2013, 04:04 AM
Sounds like CMP is getting to the bottom of the barrel like everyone...

dogboysdad
03-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Perhaps we could meet you there? Tim? Sean? Are you guys in?

axemurderer
03-07-2013, 09:09 AM
I may have to go just to rescue those 2 1917 drill rifles!!!!!

Mike

axemurderer
03-07-2013, 09:10 AM
DBD

Would that be at the store or the museum??????

Mike

Perhaps we could meet you there? Tim? Sean? Are you guys in?

dogboysdad
03-07-2013, 08:29 PM
At the NS.