PDA

View Full Version : Theft or no theft?

paid4c4
03-12-2013, 04:58 PM
I know that some of you don't like or use Paypal. While I don't really like them and don't ever trust them with my money I do use them from time to time out of convenience. When I sell Harley Parts on Ebay it's almost a requirement to take paypal or loose a lot of sales. I see a lot of posts listing items for sale on forums that will say pay with "paypal gift". Meaning if you use the gift mode there are no paypal fees involved. I hate to be an old fart but seems to me if you're buying or selling and using paypal services to transfer funds not paying the fees by falsely claiming the transaction as a gift its theft. Just getting opinions.
Regards;
Bill

Paltik
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
I'd say it's more properly termed fraud.

Eli
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
It'd be "theft of service" here in TX.

Eli

cuppednlocked
03-12-2013, 08:18 PM
If the buyer does not have money held in their paypal account the fees are added to the purchase price.

The real problem with gift mode is no protection for the buyer because no "transaction" took place.

Punch The Clown
03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
PayPal is not doing anything for free out of the goodness of their heart. There has to be some legal stip that they have to transfer non-EBay sales money at no charge. I'm sure there is something we don't know.

LEAD POISON
03-12-2013, 09:56 PM
If she didn't want that there she would pull it.Gift. Remember E bay owns it.

timshufflin
03-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Hmm, a chance to steal money from a POS like some 2nd Amendment hating devil like ebay? I call that justice. I have to go take a democrat in my ebay now.

paid4c4
03-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Hmm, a chance to steal money from a POS like some 2nd Amendment hating devil like ebay? I call that justice. I have to go take a democrat in my ebay now.
Timmy, don't forget to wipe with your Obama!
Bill