PDA

View Full Version : CMP Backlog!

Mike
03-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi, the CMP has a 12,000 order backlog. I ordered a HRA FG for a possible conversion to a Mini-G on 1-11-13. Hit the e-store 3-16-13 so right around 60 days. That's the longest I've ever waited for a rifle from the CMP. Orest also posted this..http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=102485
Regards, Mike

Roadkingtrax
03-17-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm sure most of the orders are ammo alone, and people standing on fence for an M1 finally saying now or never.

stratochief
03-17-2013, 05:34 PM
I mail ordered a FG in mid January and still haven't received s##t. Not even a DBU. F#####g people panic buying Garands make no sense.

Mike
03-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi, some guy went into the North Store and bought 25 cases of HXP. Two days later they put a limit on it, 10 cases a year. Regards, Mike

Orlando
03-17-2013, 07:06 PM
More power to him. If I had the cash I would have done the same thing years ago

Paltik
03-18-2013, 02:49 AM
I put in an order for an HRA SG and an HRA FG on 1/8/13. They both hit the eStore 3/7/13, but the CC was only hit for the SG. The SG was shipped 3/11 and received 3/12, but the FG is still "open."

MH53GUNNER
03-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Well several weeks ago Orest reported 17,000(?) orders and now they are down to 12,000. God only knows when orders are being shipped. I witnessed guys loading pick ups full of ammo during store visits. One guy at the South Store broke the springs in his truck several years ago cause he purchased so many crates of ammo.

I can't wait till the spam cans are for sale again. I have a dream!

Mike
03-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Hi,I got my Field Grade today, about 63 days from time mailed. The quality has declined. My FG used to be a rack grade in the old days. The muzzle guage's at 3 and the throat erosion is at 3-4.The reciever has about 10% finish but the internals look OK. The GI stock has a big chip in the "heel" and a no finish/beat butt plate.
Also came with a cracked gas lock screw, a broken op spring, a broken elevation knob and a bad bullet guide. If I didn't have a Timing Guage I wouldn't know about the bullet guide. So I feel sorry for a new guy buying a Garand from the CMP now a days. I e-mailed them and they should send me the parts. Bottom line if I had seen this rifle on the racks at the North Store I would not buy it. It's got a cosmo'ed, scar'ed up GI stock which I will wipe down with Mineral Spirits and then with some boiled Linseed oil (BLO). Weather is terrible so I'll see how it shoots.All in all it's not as bad as it sounds.But what about the new guy who wants Garand? My original plan was to use this for a Mini-G. I'll probably get a laminated stock and send it off after I test fire it. Regards, Mike

Orlando
03-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Sounds like it fits the Field Grade description with the exception of broken parts

Mike
03-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Sounds like it fits the Field Grade description with the exception of broken parts
Hi,Yes I agree most of that stuff can't be seen. The elevation knob is no knob...a screw and a washer like thin piece of metal. That was kinda hard to miss :confused:. Regards, Mike

Roadkingtrax
03-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Hi,Yes I agree most of that stuff can't be seen. The elevation knob is no knob...a screw and a washer like thin piece of metal. That was kinda hard to miss :confused:. Regards, Mike

That's the history of the gun, never take it off...or you are destroying all that our fathers and grandfathers fought for. Sarcasm :)

Yeah, I would complain about that one...pretty poor excuse for a elevation knob, not even the real part? CMP attention to detail will certainly suffer for rushing them out the door so fast.

rattletrap1970
03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Just wondering, but are they taking crazy amounts of time if all you ordered was a stock?

Roadkingtrax
03-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Just wondering, but are they taking crazy amounts of time if all you ordered was a stock?

It all falls in line with everything else. Took me 3 months to get a coffee cup once. :)

Mike
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi, Ammo is also taking 60 days according to a thread on the CMP forum. So, I guess since they both come thru the e-store I would estimate 60 days also. Regards, Mike

Mike
03-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi,I got my Field Grade today, about 63 days from time mailed. The quality has declined. My FG used to be a rack grade in the old days. The muzzle guage's at 3 and the throat erosion is at 3-4.The reciever has about 10% finish but the internals look OK. The GI stock has a big chip in the "heel" and a no finish/beat butt plate.
Also came with a cracked gas lock screw, a broken op spring, a broken elevation knob and a bad bullet guide. If I didn't have a Timing Guage I wouldn't know about the bullet guide. So I feel sorry for a new guy buying a Garand from the CMP now a days. I e-mailed them and they should send me the parts. Bottom line if I had seen this rifle on the racks at the North Store I would not buy it. It's got a cosmo'ed, scar'ed up GI stock which I will wipe down with Mineral Spirits and then with some boiled Linseed oil (BLO). Weather is terrible so I'll see how it shoots.All in all it's not as bad as it sounds.But what about the new guy who wants Garand? My original plan was to use this for a Mini-G. I'll probably get a laminated stock and send it off after I test fire it. Regards, Mike

Hi, got an e-mail this morning...said my parts will be here by end of week. Good service. Regards, Mike

Kpnobvious
03-26-2013, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure the 3 month delay is correct, unless i got very lucky. I ordered the beginning of February, charged mid\late March and being delivered today.

MH53GUNNER
03-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi, got an e-mail this morning...said my parts will be here by end of week. Good service. Regards, Mike

Interesting that this FG went out without a good tech inspection. Normally the entire rifle is disassembled and checked. Then the FG is test fired. That said I have seen or heard about issues with broken parts. I imagine that the armorers are rushing to fill orders.

I would love to see some pics of the rifle and the overall condition to include the broken parts. These are sometimes very helpful in future contact that I may have with the CMP.

Mike
03-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi, I doubt that there is a field strip or "good tech inspection". I think they do a muzzle and throat erosion measurement then fire 3 rounds and that's it. I sometimes wonder if they actually fire 3 rounds. As for them being busy this not the first "broken" rifle I've gotten from them. Also as an aside, The Garand Collectors Association, Spring Journal has some pictures of the Turkish Air Force returns. They don't look like cherries . Regards, Mike

LEAD POISON
03-28-2013, 05:49 PM
You have to remember these people are special goverment employees.
Let's see how can I put this Nicely,Thier Phoqen lazy.You can't get them to move faster tar in janurary.

Roadkingtrax
03-28-2013, 10:08 PM
The more thanks they get, the slower they go? Is that how it works? :)

MH53GUNNER
04-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Hi, I doubt that there is a field strip or "good tech inspection". I think they do a muzzle and throat erosion measurement then fire 3 rounds and that's it. I sometimes wonder if they actually fire 3 rounds. As for them being busy this not the first "broken" rifle I've gotten from them. Also as an aside, The Garand Collectors Association, Spring Journal has some pictures of the Turkish Air Force returns. They don't look like cherries . Regards, Mike

I bet a vast majority of the Turkish returns are real dogs. By now the masses have been whipped into a feeding frenzy by the CMP and you can bet that even the poor condition IHC rifles will sell out.

Worked in the armorer section at the CMP and the RG, FG rifle SG etc were stripped and all parts were checked. This even included placing a gauge on the gas cylinder and op rod tab.
Actually the rifles are broken down several times during the process. The first being when the rifle goes through the parts washer. Then the rifle is reassembled and sent to the armorer section. When at the armorer section a 8.5x11 sheet of paper is completed with each rifle. Each and every rifle except Collector Grades are test fired by the armorer who prepared the rifle and then placed in racks for packaging into large cardboard boxes and then when needed shipped from the armorer/warehouse to the distribution center which is in the same building as the South Store. From what I have been told the same proceedure is still in operation at the CMP according to Phill who runs the armorer operation section. Yes the new proceedure is to record the TE and MW mesurements on the hang tag with the rifle. This was not always the case and one could often see customers using the gauge to measure the rifles in the racks or at the front counter.
If you purchase one of the rebuilt service Specials there are actually two women who do nothing but assemble these rifles. Once my main computer is repaired I can post some pictures of the armorer area at the CMP if there is an interest. (???)

Now does this mean that you will not get a rifle that has issues? Not in the least. I have had rifles shipped that had issues, but the CMP has always made good with shipping parts.

REHRIFLE
04-02-2013, 09:48 AM
I don't know about the others, but I would like to see the pictures.

Brinks352
04-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Pics are always welcome.

Orlando
04-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Pics man pics

LEAD POISON
04-02-2013, 07:57 PM
927camp Perry lunch time shoot.

stratochief
04-02-2013, 08:09 PM
The last Field Grade I received had not been test fired because the barrel was nearly completely clogged with cosmoline. I'm not buying the "each rifle is test fired" line one bit.

Brinks352
04-02-2013, 08:10 PM
927camp Perry lunch time shoot.

Nooo, where is the acid for my the eyes, I cannot un see that.

Old Guard
05-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Yikes burned into the retenas...Very clear shot of privates was not expected...Did she hit the target?

buckshot85
05-27-2013, 03:12 PM
LP, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??????? Damn, man.

ordmm
05-27-2013, 03:24 PM
LP, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??????? Damn, man.

Hell,,,that's one of the chickie poos from "Up Nort"....She would be considered petite.

buckshot85
05-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Hell,,,that's one of the chickie poos from "Up Nort"....She would be considered petite.

I'm from Wisconsin. How far north are ya talkin?

Old Guard
05-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Evidently way up north???I forgot about the photo and scanned it again???WHY???I just bet something was cold in the breeze, and how many beers to pose like that...Like totally bare, or was it bear??Sorry guys but it is my day off and bored waiting a spell so I can go out and burn some powder, without disturbing too many neighbors..ya, know that 06 is loud when your not hunting??

MH53GUNNER
05-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Customers at the CMP are reporting 90+ days for order delivery of rifles.

rattletrap1970
06-18-2013, 06:13 AM
I just checked my Account with them that I placed on March 23rd 2013 for a stock for my M1 Garand and a stock for my M1 Carbine. I sent a letter asking how much longer because I wanted to finish my Garand so I could use it in HighPower matches this summer. They said something about them shipping in order of orders placed but they would look into getting things going. I checked today and there is nothing showing under my pending orders, so, hopefully that means my stuff is on the way.

Orlando
06-18-2013, 06:19 AM
I just checked my Account with them that I placed on March 23rd 2013 for a stock for my M1 Garand and a stock for my M1 Carbine. I sent a letter asking how much longer because I wanted to finish my Garand so I could use it in HighPower matches this summer. They said something about them shipping in order of orders placed but they would look into getting things going. I checked today and there is nothing showing under my pending orders, so, hopefully that means my stuff is on the way.

I order my Garand stocks from Dupage Trading. Cheaper, faster, same stock but no ugly CMP stamp on them

rattletrap1970
06-18-2013, 06:26 AM
Damn, I never even heard of them, I could have been shooting since March.