PDA

View Full Version : Whos the Beretta Garand Expert??

Orlando
03-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Dont know anything about Beretta Garands, whats considered correct, what do I look for?? Considering this rifle if it checks out
Thanks guys

LEAD POISON
03-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Wern't those built for the Danes? under contract?

timshufflin
03-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Wern't those built for the Danes? under contract?

I think you're right poison. Of course Sean and Brutus may know more.

Orlando
03-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Ah, never mind guys. After getting more info from the seller I'm no longer interested. Muzzle as been cut back and he wants to much $$$$
Thanks anyways

seaninmich
03-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Well, as far as "correct", I was told by Jim Thompson several years ago that a PB will have ALL PB parts and a BMR will have ALL BMR or BMB parts - no crossovers. I've seen a few people claim to the contrary, but I'm sticking with Jim.

EVERY friggin piece on those suckers is marked - even the elevation pinion (marked under the drum)

I sold a few that were 99-100% correct except for the wood. I wish i had kept them, but, things are what they are. I think most of them sold in the $1100-1300 range. IIRC

TommyD11730
03-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Cabellas in PA had one for like 3K just recently.

ordmm
03-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Sean, would agree with the "every friggin part is stamped" comment. They sure must have been really busy whacking away with the PB stamp back in the day. Jim Thompson is a real good source on the Italian Garand version. If you ever have the pleasure of talking to him you'll find the phone conversation will be a long one. He's very well versed with all the "characters" and history of Garand variations back in the day. And, hell, he's from Wisconsin which ain't a bad thing. I think.

Greg