PDA

View Full Version : New guy on the block

wags
03-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Hello! New guy on the block here from Ohio's north coast on the Lake. I've been following these forums for sometime and thought I'd better introduce myself soon. I of course have black rifles, but after about 20yrs plus I've purchased a M1 Garand again. Wow, have I been neglegent or what. I just orderd a Field Grade M1 from CMP just to have a Mini-G conversion completed. I remember back in late 80's a friend had a "Tanker" in .308 with a re-weld receiver. Gave me the creeps every time he brought it to range, but told myself someday I'll have one of these.

Glad I found this website. I'm learning a ton, and can't wait to call Mr. Shuffin and ask a few questions before I send him my M1 for the Mini-G conversion. Later.

wags
Port Clinton

Brinks352
03-29-2013, 08:55 PM
Welcome to the forums and the addiction that is all things M1 related.

timshufflin
04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Yes indeed, welcome Sir.

wags
07-20-2013, 09:01 AM
This Mini-G forum has been quite for sometime. Being the new guy I come here DAILY for my Mini-G fix. The latest on my HRA FG from CMP is that it hit the E-Store 06/18/13, and was supposed to ship in 30 days. Still nothing..... So I guess Mr. Shuff and company will have to wait for my Mini-G conversion dollars. And I will have to wait also. I have over 2,000rds of 30-06 that needs to go down range soon.

dogboysdad
07-20-2013, 11:24 AM
If you live in Port Clinton, why didn't you just go to the NS?

axemurderer
07-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Welcome wags, all I know is that if I lived on the north shore of OH I would have a lot less money then I do now. And all my wife would ever hear is honey I am going to the store!

wags
07-20-2013, 01:11 PM
If you live in Port Clinton, why didn't you just go to the NS?

I stop in once a week. But no HRA other than Service Grade Specials @ $950 which I already have. I want HRA Service or Field Grade only. Nothing lately other than hit or miss SA or WRA. My call, my money. But the wait still hurts.

wags
07-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Welcome wags, all I know is that if I lived on the north shore of OH I would have a lot less money then I do now. And all my wife would ever hear is honey I am going to the store!

Honestly, I have friends here in the area that are in your boots axemurderer. I'm only 8 minutes from the N. Store and it hurts every day that I drive pass it on my way to work, and home not stopping in. I keep myself updated daily on the CMP forums on what is available and what is not. But I'm a HRA type of M1 Garand shooter and I hold out for them specifically.

toolman
07-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Welcome to the NUT HOUSE sir! Peace toolman

wags
07-27-2013, 08:00 AM
It looks like my wait may be a little longer than expected for my CMP ordered HRA FG & SG M1 Garand. The CMP CEO yesterday put out a letter concerning backorders, why orders are taking so long, condition of M1's etc. A very good read. Now the CMP is no longer taking HRA SG orders (glad I had mine in last month). The last month at the North Store a few SA FG's & SG's would trickle in (no HRA other than Service Grade Specials). Then a few Winchester's and I mean a few would come in. People were standing at door before 0600 to get a WRA FG or SG. Some buyers hit the lottery on SG's it looked like.

So, I guess my HRA FG that's in the E-store the last 60 days will be there longer. And the HRA SG will be 120+ more days minimum. Lots of orders to fill, and still a high demand. I'll hold out since the FG will be my Mini-G project gun. Here's the link I spoke about:

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=113812