PDA

View Full Version : A Taste of Things To Come

dogboysdad
04-15-2013, 06:58 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/video/state-police-confiscate-wrong-man-195627820.html

ordmm
04-15-2013, 10:34 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/video/state-police-confiscate-wrong-man-195627820.html

Suspect you are very correct. Not too versed in legalese, but would seem like most of these ban states will probably come up with some kind of BS "you can't sue us" laws to protect government employees. One thing for sure, if the people who put these laws in effect thinks that they can be administered without ERROR they have too high an opinion of how government operates.

Prince Humperdink
04-15-2013, 12:41 PM
Suspect you are very correct. Not too versed in legalese, but would seem like most of these ban states will probably come up with some kind of BS "you can't sue us" laws to protect government employees. One thing for sure, if the people who put these laws in effect thinks that they can be administered without ERROR they have too high an opinion of how government operates.
I think you are correct.Could anyone imagine all of the bungling that will happen WHEN this is implemented nationally?It is wrong to require licenses for illegals,voting,or registration,but damn those evil law abiders :(

ordmm
04-15-2013, 01:01 PM
This all demonstrates that MOST if NOT ALL of the politicians are just vote whores. I find it very hard to believe that there is not anyone who was involved in this type of legislation who has not stepped forward and admitted "I screwed up". I can't believe they all fall in lockstep behind very flawed leadership and support, what with is a law that is so flawed it's unbelievable. This crap goes on IN ALL the states in one form or another.

timshufflin
04-15-2013, 08:23 PM
The police made a mistake of identity? How shocking. The supreme court of the US declined to hear the ny "safe" act argument today. They were appealed to to hear the portion on the 7 round limit. If the supreme court declined that, we are doomed.

ordmm
04-15-2013, 09:42 PM
The police made a mistake of identity? How shocking. The supreme court of the US declined to hear the ny "safe" act argument today. They were appealed to to hear the portion on the 7 round limit. If the supreme court declined that, we are doomed.

Sounds like the bill comes up tomorrow Tuesday, or Thursday the latest. So if New York is bad...what the politicians have in store for us may be as bad, or worse. Reading some of the pro-gun analysis makes me think the wording is going to sound good for gun owners, but in reality be real bad for us. All along....like I said before, the fact that Shumers seems really laid back, smile on his face, scares the crap out of me. Shumer, more than most has a real grasp on anti-gun legislation. This is his golden opportunity to get what he has been after for many years. Guys like Shumer and Reid are real wordsmiths. We're screwed.