PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Sandy Hook-Hello Boston!

Punch The Clown
04-18-2013, 06:32 PM
So long Sandy Hook! We're shipping off to Boston!

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo140/Stumedic/water-main-break-news-truck_zps6c82075a.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/Stumedic/media/water-main-break-news-truck_zps6c82075a.jpg.html)

The liberal media is off to find new victims to exploit to further their agenda.

seaninmich
04-18-2013, 06:51 PM
who cares anymore? it's all B.S.

timshufflin
04-18-2013, 08:32 PM
What is sandy hook?

ordmm
04-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Crazy thing. If your a parent you have to feel for those parents in Sandy Hook who lost a child . I think about what my reaction would be. It would be a terrible thing. No one should minimize that. But the media seems to pick and choose which tragedy will garner the best ratings. I guess it's what they do, and all about optics. "optics" that the latest term that they all use. That's my big problem with Obama. He only plays to what has the best "optics". While it's a tragedy when anyone gets killed, how about the thousands of people out of work? How about the older people people who worked their ass off for 30 or 40 years and now are afraid they can't pay taxes in the house they live in. How about the good people. And lately, how about the older people who paid their dues and have a fear of reduced health care? I don't mean this to sound like some kind of editorial, but what the hell. The politicians all are pandering to illegals, they are pandering to the LGBT community, they are pandering to just about every segment of freeloaders in this country, but what the hell about the people who since WW2 have been really paying the bills? Both my parents have passed. I think by Pa was really tired of all the bullshit he saw on TV and was glad to punch out at 92. I'm glad they don't have to suffer this bunch of thieving bastards who claim to be our leaders.

Eli
04-18-2013, 11:07 PM
As long as they stay the hell away from West! The press already 'occupied' McLennan County 20 years ago during the Branch Davidian fiasco. I doubt the locals would be as friendly this time around...

Eli

Punch The Clown
04-18-2013, 11:41 PM
In 1996 there was a plane that crashed about 10 min after leaving JFK Airport. It was Flight 800. Anyway, the familys of the passengers were wined and dined and giving constant media interviews. They had a Coast Guard cutter at their disposal to go to the crash site. Anyway, for 5 years this circus went on the anniversary of the crash. Memorials, candle light vigils, media and more media. Then their worst nightmare-9/11. Everyone of these people that had a neighbor that knew a friend of a cousin that was on flight 800 all of a sudden lost their media, their Cutter, their free air fare, their 5 star accomodations, were gone in a flash. It took a couple of years of hard work for them to get their coverage back.

I hate to sound like a prick and a cynic, but I believe that the grief gets replaced by the fame in these incidents. I know if I had a family member that was killed on Flight 800 the last thing I would be doing is giving interviews at candle light vigils. I'm not saying this is the case with all people but I truly believe that it is with some. If the Sandy Hook people are anything like the Flight 800 folks they will be making an attempt to bring themselves back into the spotlight.
Don't want to offend anyone, but that's my observation. I've suffered losses as everyone has. I share my feelings with my friends when I feel the necessity, not the media.

melloman
04-19-2013, 09:22 AM
I live about 20 minutes from Newtown. I am sorry to admit that my very first thought after hearing about Boston was instantly "thank God that we won't have to hear about Sandy Hook any longer." I am so sick and tired of hearing about it that my sympathy for that situation was gone long ago. Leave these people alone so that they can grieve and move on.